In preparation to open my shop (in February or March) I'm making and testing products. My husband is going to help me build some molds to make for treasure candles. I'm pondering blends for bath salts, melts or bombs, and also thinking of different soap scents. I have molds and various types of melt and pour soaps (goat milk, honey, shea, cocoa butter, etc) and various add-ins.
The soaps I made today (above) are:
- Chai soap with chai tea, ground cinnamon, cardamom, ground clove, freshly grated nutmeg, clove essential oil in a honey base (and some with a mixture of honey and shea base)
- The speckled soaps are pomegranate and raspberry green tea with rose petals and rose essential oil
- The white blossom soaps are orange-almond essential oils with calendula petals
- The dark olive green blossoms are chocolate-mint-spirulina (cocoa powder, spirulina powder, peppermint essential oil, grapeseed oil)
- The pyramids (with the tops flattened, that is) are chocolate-almond-orange (almond and orange essential oils and cocoa powder) and the remaining bars in the same color are the same scent
More soaps I made include lemon, euclayptus, peppermint with chia seeds and spirulina, sandalwood essential oil and cinnamon (ground and a tiny bit of essential oil), and spirulina-peppermint with organic peppermint leaves and sea salt (heart-shaped). I also made a similar scent in a heart-shape without the peppermint leaves and added cocoa powder in a swirl. I'm also considering embedding little treasures and toys in some of the soaps. Gemstones for adults and small toys for the kids.
The treasure candles I make will be a lot less involved scent-wise. I plan to make the scents very simple and accessible: orange, vanilla, lavender. That kind of thing. I need to decide on some affordable treasures to use (small tumbled gemstones, charms, etc)...and I have to decide what else I want to carry in the shop. Thinking...thinking! I wish there wasn't such a start-up cost!!
Many of these creations are experimental and somewhat imperfect, but many of them came out very well! I am going to package them all up, separating the various scents, and then my next projects will be to figure out the candles and the packaging/logo, etc. I'm trying to be thorough!
Oh, and feel free to put in your vote for another 1-2 products you think would be fun to sell. Bath salts? Bombs? Melts? Lotion bars? Something unrelated? Salves? Deodorant? All of these would be natural and handmade, of course.