Thursday, June 20, 2013

Abundance, Sensitivity, Letting Go


I got the Life Purpose Oracle the other day when I was on staycation with my husband and daughter. My husband commented that this deck would probably be better used with another deck as it's fairly specifically about areas of career to consider. Of course, I say that, but then I drew this reading that seems a lot more general and easily applicable to life without being career specific.

This trio is interesting to me, but I can't really say exactly what to think. The Infinite Abundance card makes me think that I shouldn't base my work/outlet/venture decisions on money. I should base them on what I really want to do. I think this is a problem I have when it comes to these things. I am either terrified of making money or I feel like I MUST make money. Neither is true. Things are not that cut and dried, and we shouldn't let scarcity fears control our actions.

Sensitivity is a topic I've struggled with my entire life. Sensitivity to noise and other stimuli, incredible emotional sensitivity to the point of painful empathy. I often wrestle with major demons in this area. This suggests I make changes according to my sensitivity. That makes me wonder: how would I go about doing that? Find an environment or outlet that supports my sensitivity rather than seeing it as a liability? That's the only thing I can think of.

Finally we have Letting Go, which is one I have trouble doing as well. I get this card a lot in Doreen Virtue's oracles, and she tends to have one of these in pretty much every oracle she has made. I definitely overthink everything, freak out about things, obsess, worry, dread...anyway.

That is all for now!

Much Love,
MM

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the over thinking, obsessing, and worrying, and the way I cope is to go to the opposite end of the spectrum and totally avoid the situation by numbing myself out on the computer or with a new video game or by eating. Neither one is a good way to go.

    When I look at your cards I see the "Sensitivity" one as being the issue and the two cards next to it as the solution. Trust and let go. Know that you will be okay, and stop worrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, absolutely! I do that too. Escapism...

      Thank you for the interpretation. I think that's very apt!

      I wish I felt physically OK today--having some kind of gastro-intestinal issues.

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Ha, based on what happened later in the week, you could see this as a warning about enjoying abundance (dinner out), given your sensitivity, and having to let go of your food (toilet/vomit reference, sorry) :D

    Seriously, though, I love Siddaleah's interpretation! Wishing you abundance, and an ability to let go of the tapes that tell you that you don't deserve it.

    BB,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, Chloë!

      You know it isn't unheard of for a reading to come to pass in a way that is really literal like that. Wouldn't surprise me. I've gotten the 'Detox' card a bunch recently from a fairy deck, which talks about healthy, additive-free foods, etc. So that was pretty right on.

      I went to the chiropractor and did the nutrition response testing yesterday and he tested, finding a parasite. I'm picking up some Wormwood Complex today. He's giving me some for free because the supplement is a bit expensive apparently.

      Thanks for the BB...though I can't figure out what that is. Haha.

      XOX,
      MM

      Delete
    2. Yep, I've had some pretty literal readings, too :)

      That's really nice of your chiropractor. Though on the other hand, keeping a happy and loyal customer is also in his best interests...

      As for BB, it stands for Bright Blessings, a common American pagan sign-off :D I figured you could do with some blessings after the food poisoning :o

      Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete