Monday, July 8, 2013

New Moon in Cancer Draw: Strength Amid Uncertainty

A pretty mason jar arrangement I got for myself recently. Yeah, I got romantic with myself. :D

I pulled these two cards from the Animal Wisdom Tarot just now. I actually didn't mean for them to have anything to do with the New Moon in Cancer today (July 8th), but after I drew them I remembered the moon due to having drawn the Moon in the reading.

I think the Moon is really wistful and pretty in this deck--sweet little rabbit looking up at the sky, framed by two dark, craggy trees. It has a storybook kind of feel to it. The Moon card, in my estimation, usually has more of a dark, mysterious and sometimes slightly dangerous feeling. Not so with this particular card. The rabbit does look a little bewildered but maybe more alert than anything.

Moving to the Strength card we have Lion, who reminds me more of the Sun than the Moon. There's even a sun behind the lion's head. The meaning of the Strength card, however, is not the same as that of the actual Sun card, but I could draw some similar correlations. Then again, this is all about how I feel about the reading and not much about anything else, so I can say whatever the heck I want, I guess?!!! Hehe...oy.

A phrase (or at least a part of a phrase) popped into my head with this duo, something along these lines:

"Personal strength despite not knowing what will happen."

To me that is the essence of the Moon in tarot. The unknowable darkness and night--not knowing what is beyond the dark night of the soul, but trusting the path anyway. We're all scared little bunnies on our paths, trying to convince ourselves that everything will be OK.

The truth is not everything will be OK, but ultimately we may be. That's why we have to believe that we have the strength to move through periods of uncertainty and iffy change. True bravery lies in recognizing and somehow working with our vulnerability during times we'd rather not engage in life. That is the big thing that I have to confront within myself over the next few months.

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, MM! Just beautiful :)

    Wishing you well in working with your vulnerabilities, and know you always have people here who have your back!

    Huge hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chloë! You're a sweetheart. ;D

      My vulnerabilities are ouchie! No, but really...I guess all of us have gaping wounds (forgot who I am quoting but someone said that). I think we could all do with a little healing, and vulnerability can be oddly healing.

      XOXOX,
      MM

      Delete
  2. I like those two cards together along with your read on them. I'm dealing with a bit of that myself right now. (Actually, it's kind of a theme for me. lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I just read your blog...about to go comment!

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete