Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Search: You Are Always on the Right Path


I pulled again, using my iPhone and my Gaia Oracle App. What I like about this is that it allows me to take screen captures of the image(s) and then edit them as I like. It works out pretty well!

This card is interesting. I mean, it's not interesting in the meaning--which is fairly basic but definitely useful. But it triggers something I was listening to yesterday on my Hayhouse Radio app on my phone. Carolyn Myss was talking to someone live on the air. This woman wanted to unplug from her 9-5 job scene and wanted to do something to reach more people or help them. But with further probing, we find out that this woman teaches and helps children with disabilities...which begs the question, why is that less helpful or less than in any way? It is our circumstances or our perception of them?

The line 'I am always on the right path' is a good reminder. We are where we are and to fight that is a recipe for disaster. Making healthy goals is good, but I think it's very, very easy to fall into the trap of 'I'll be happy if I get more money, or travel more, or have another degree, etc.' I know I tell myself these messages constantly rather than being content with who I am--or using who I am to a fuller extent, one which might make me happy. What defines us?

Having said this, we all know that there are times which are ickier and heavier than others. Something out-of-the-ordinary in a stressful way comes up and we just want the heck out of it! In that case finding helpful solutions is totally understandable. Other times, the heaviness can't be avoided and we just have to trudge through it. I find the heaviest times are often ones where I am scared crapless of the process, or struggling with it in some way. The struggle is where the suffering is, but avoiding struggle completely is not realistic either.

Anyway. I am going to try to appreciate who I am here and now. Like another lecturer/spiritual author said: what is front of you and behind you do not exist. They are just a black nothingness. All that exists is right here in the present. I know, I know. Totally cliché, but anyway. :D It helps to keep that as a reminder for those of us who spend way too much time worrying and regretting, which is a lot of us!

Love,
MM

2 comments:

  1. Very good advice for all of us. Living in the present and being happy right where we are. The way you said it helps me because it's something I've been struggling with. Not being happy with my life, so much, but being happy with me. I've been composing blog posts in my mind about it but haven't been able to sit down and write. I think tomorrow I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...easy yet hard, right!? Hehee...

      I do hope to see your posts soon. I always get a lot out of them and personally I find it very therapeutic to blog!

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete