Thursday, August 8, 2013

Belated New Moon in Leo Spread



After seeing Kerry and then Siddaleah post this simple but wonderful spread, I thought I'd give it a try!

I thought the answer was very clear and very positive. Don't you think so?

On the release side we have the poverty-stricken 5 of Pentacles. This card is associated with worry, fear, lack, physical ailments and sickness, and pretty much a feeling crappy about life on the physical plane. This is often seen as the 'strapped for cash' card, too. I know I certainly think that when I see it. See that sad, dirty face reaching out a cup, begging for a coin.

I hate to admit it, but that's how I feel whenever I do a business/creative venture of any kind. I feel like this woman, standing around begging rather than being empowered. I find it humiliating asking for money, even when the person may be buying something from me. Now apparently this is something I need to release! I can see very clearly how this mindset is a problem.

I see the negative body image stuff in this card, too. I see hypochondria, fear, disease, sadness connected with one's physical form. These are all things I struggle with. I find it hard to be human! Laugh. Well...who doesn't? But anyhow!

In the embrace card we have Strength. This card feels very different from the 5 of Pentacles. There is strength and gentleness, and money and health don't seem to have much, if anything, to do with it. The woman seems strong, sexy, gentle. Of course she also seems a bit slutty but that's par for the course with a lot of tarot decks. Hehee.  Either way, she doesn't seem to be suffering like the woman in the 5 of Pentacles.

Oh! I also wanted to add that I found it cool that a New Moon in Leo reading featured a lion in one of the two cards. Very nice. Leo rules creativity and children and also fun. These are things I will try to focus on and get enjoyment from.

To move away from suffering and poverty into strength? Well, who wouldn't want that?

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Yes! A very clear and striking reading. I hope now that the cards have given us permission, which is almost the way it feels to me, to release these things we'll each find it easier to do so. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right--that's a big part of divination. Here's wishing us both luck again. Hehe! :) Happy Friday to ya. X!O!

      Delete
  2. You're right, I love the lion for a Leo new moon reading! And I love the idea of the cards helping your unconscious to accept you have permission to release these things.
    Wishing you Strength and joy!
    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me want to roar! Just kidding, but it might make me feel more chipper!

      That is true. It's a good way to use oracles, I think. As a kind of directed affirmation or suggestion.

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete