Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Lucky Commitment: Teaching Art


A few minutes ago, I sent off an e-mail to the curator of education here at our local museum and gallery. I was inquiring about any possibility of teaching workshops or classes there. I have taught a workshop there in the past, and other classes in local art centers, but it has been eight years since I have done so! The last time I did this was when I was pregnant with my now almost 8-year-old daughter! Anyway. I have been putting this off. I wanted to ask the cards if it was a good idea or not.

At first, I did a long spread and it just confused me. So I decided to stick with two cards. I like two cards with the lenormand because they work together as a pair. I got Clover, which flipped out, and then a second card, Ring. The phrase 'lucky commitment' came to mind, but anyway. Here is what LearnLenormand.com says about this pairing:


Ring + clover (2): beneficial agreement, lucky cycle

Or, the other way around:

Clover + ring (25): lucky contract, lucky relationship

This felt like a really positive answer to my 'should I contact this person about doing a workshop' query. I still felt nervous as I typed up the e-mail, but hey...if it works out it works out. If not, then that's OK. I am going to try not to freak out about it. I have noted that there are very few things that I decide to do that I don't feel a little shaky (or a lot shaky) about. It's part of overcoming my anxiety and self-doubt. I have to work through the fear and come out the other side. 

Lately I've been having twinges of wanting to do something with people again. Making soap at home is fine--and I am not even making the hot or cold process soap, so it's less challenging--but really there is very little human interaction that goes with it. My friend Allison of Epically Epic Soap, a very successful Etsy shop, said that she thought being home alone making soap was kind of the opposite of what she thought I would enjoy doing, with my fiery Sag rising which loves to mix and mingle.

I think I fear the extroverted part of me. I also have a very shy, tender Pisces Moon, who gets her feelings hurt easily and is too sensitive at times. But that's also the part of me that is able to be creative and intuitive--things that are very helpful in an artistic capacity. It's a kind of mixed bag.

I will update this post on what the education coordinator tells me. We'll see!

Love,
MM

8 comments:

  1. I think it is very brave what you did. Let's hope for the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! That is so sweet. I will keep my fingers crossed (mentally). :) I will try to update as soon as I hear anything.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff. And I like your attitude - if it works, great, if it doesn't, that's ok too.

    You know, the important thing here is not necessarily the work. It is the fact that you have put yourself out there and asked. It's a bold move, which many wouldn't make.

    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I am trying not to put too much on it. There are always other options! Thank you for your support. We shall see!

      Delete
  3. How exciting! I hope you get a positive response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I promise to update!!!

      Delete
  4. I'll look forward to the update, too. Certainly, the cards seem auspicious. And perhaps suggest that luck will come from commitment - if at first you don't succeed... ;)
    Hugs,
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your support...I guess luck is what we make it as they say! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete