Friday, September 20, 2013

Dead End!


Even though I got a positive initial reading about the inquiry I made to a local museum/gallery about teaching or another art position, the subsequent readings I've been getting have all been fairly mixed and even discouraging. Even so, I have to believe that there is some spark of goodness from that initial reading. Perhaps it was just encouraging me to go out there looking rather than sitting on the fence.

When I did a two card spread asking whether things would go through for me to get a position at the museum through teaching or something else, I got this severe-looking duo (above). The 10 of Swords said 'no' to me and the Hierophant seemed to reflect that it was about teaching. That is my take on it. I am going with my gut which said that this is a rejection for this particular place anyway.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I still plan on going back out there and looking for other opportunities. I don't want to feel stuck or tied to a single chance. It has been more than three days since I e-mailed the curator of education at the museum and so far I've heard nothing. At least I appreciate that the cards are being straight with me.

Love,
MM

10 comments:

  1. Ha, I remember when I was applying for jobs as a market researcher. From a few of the CV's I sent out, I got a response about 6 months later! By then, I'd decided to up sticks and move to Spain, but it was a lesson in patience :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...

      That is a loooong time to wait!

      Here in the US, if you don't hear about something within a few days it is usually a bad sign. We all have ADD. Lol!

      Xxxooo

      Delete
    2. :D As I say, 6 months seemed excessively long to me. However, I've also volunteered a couple of places, and charitable organisations suck big time at getting stuff done quickly. It took 2 months for the first place to even agree to an interview, and this is with me as a qualified person offering my time for free! Hope you've heard something by now...

      Delete
    3. That is long to wait for free work! No, I have not heard anything. I have decided to surrender it for now because things have been a bit stressful lately and I am not even sure I want to start something new. I hope you are well so far this week!

      Delete
    4. Sorry to hear that, but as you say, perhaps it's better for now. And as others have said, you can always apply elsewhere/reapply when you feel called to it again :) I'm well, thanks, hope you are, too!
      Hugs, Cxx

      Delete
    5. I did end up popping by the museum for a follow-up to see if I could get a better lead. I talked to a volunteer who have me some info. She said that the woman I had contacted was pretty busy due to flood relief efforts that she was helping with. Anyway! No big deal. I am keeping my eyes open for other opportunities. I think even if I do end up teaching at the museum it won't happen until the spring because classes have to be planned months in advance and they are already planned out until at least December!

      I am not feeling great (run down and have a cold and my bladder flare) but I am getting through alright!

      Much Love,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Don't get discouraged if it takes some time. You are the one waiting and it seem longer than. I think you shouldn't let the cards get you down either. Isn't the ten of swords also about a new light at the horizon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. You never know! I guess we will see. I failed to mention that subsequent readings were quite dismal: 5 of Cups, 5 of Swords, 8 of Cups, etc.

      Delete
  3. Unasked for reading over your shoulder... ;)

    The nine figure is relying on outside help/action and going nowhere fast. The nine is actionless... Hunt around and see if there are any upcoming museum events you can attend and network at, they are always having funding events. Exhibitions change out all the time, an opportunity to see the museum over time and form ideas on how things could be changed up might be of value in an interview; visit with docents and desk staff, and Remember their names and use them the next time you visit. Volunteer! People who matter will recognize your brain and talents and will be much easier to approach about any upcoming openings that haven't been made public yet.

    For the Hierophant students, I just googled Getting Museum Job and got a ton of hits. Have you read all of them?

    I'm the queen of creating my own jobs...and it works.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very proactive and thoughtful tips, Sharyn! Thanks! Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete