Friday, September 27, 2013

Fox and Stork: Job Changes


I still feel like utter hell with this cold that has spanned the past week (ick), but I felt like posting anyway. I did several pairs of cards using the Tattered Nomad Oracle (Lenormand), and here is one of them. I was going to post all of the ones I did but the truth is I didn't photograph most of them. I will say that a surprising number of them seemed to be about work. Actually, I guess that isn't that surprising considering my husband and myself are both considering imminent work changes.

Another duo I got was Anchor and Stork, which also seemed to point to a new job. At least that was my take on it. Anyway...again I feel this refers to my husband as well as myself.  Again using LearnLenormand.com we have these:

Stork + fox (14): job change, promotion, positive change (related to cunning/intrigue)
Fox + stork (17): job change, change due to intrigue

Ok, so I am not sure about the whole intrigue thing. We aren't looking to become spies, unless that's the only option. Heeheee!  Maybe there is a sort of need for cunning in job searching. I think that is true to a large extent--we have to be creative to come up with solutions that suit our circumstances.

Sick but still swimmin',
MM

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are still hanging in there. I've checked out LearnLenormand.com. That's very handy because I still find reading combinations with the Lenormand rather difficult.
    Get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a billion for the good wishes! Yes, I really like the LearnLenormand.com site. It has been a big help to me as a newbie with this system. Xxxoo

      Delete
  2. As you say, it makes a lot of sense that you should get cards around work. Another way to read this combo is a need to change skills. Perhaps not actually change skills (as in retraining), but perhaps change the focus you put on those skills. Two ways I'd read that is firstly with the idea of reassessing your and your husbands' skill sets and how those could be put to work, ie. what kind of jobs you go for. Secondly, perhaps applying your skills in new ways, for example in your CVs. Like the idea of putting skill sets to the fore, rather than qualifications and past experience. Of course, those still get mentioned, but as backup for your skill set. Dunno if that makes sense to you, but it's something I've heard is a way some people try to repackage themselves to change work area.

    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice take! I do think changing our approach could help a lot! Hubby and I were just discussing this morning about how to do that or at least begin the process of a satisfying job hunt. First we need to identify what we truly want!!! Maybe your idea of honing in in our skills then seeing what fits them is a good starting place!

      Gracias...xxxooo

      Delete
    2. Good luck! I know it's not easy to think about new work areas, especially for your hubby who's worked in the same thing for quite a while. If you don't know what's out there, you can't know what might suit you. Still, there are some good books to tell you a bit about what jobs actually entail, even if they are designed for kids finishing college ;)
      XOXOXOXO

      Delete
  3. I'm not very good at reading Lenormands, but those are pretty cards and this blog looks great! :) Hope you feel better soon. Eowyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha--well, I am not either. But I am practicing! It's fun to practice. As with tarot and other forms of divination, there's no wrong way per se to do it. Thanks for the good wishes--starting to feel better but it's slow going. Still feel quite drained and congested today (pun?)

      XOOX

      Delete