Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tea Leaf Fortunes: October Forecast


I do dig my new divination table, even though I haven't QUITE figured out where to store it. That's ok. It's not huge so I bet I can work something out. I love that I can do a pretty large spread on it easily, if that feels right to do. Sometimes large spreads make my head want to explode, but in this case I didn't mind it so much.

I decided to pull cards for October. At first I was worried because the very first card I pulled indicated major challenges to overcome. Not exactly my favorite sentiment, but that's alright. For some reason I felt compelled to pull six cards instead of four--which is generally what I usually pull for these monthly pulls. I guess I wanted more information. Sometimes four cards doesn't give quite as much information as I would like.

So, as I gazed somewhat leerily at the Mountain card I pulled the next card which was Cobweb, indicating that if something does go awry, I am protected from harm. OK, that is somewhat comforting, but it still indicates some distress. Boy, you can't please me! Hehee. No, but really, this card has shown up for me during times when I was frustrated with something or had a problem that I didn't feel I could do anything about, and then a solution was presented, seemingly serendipitously.

The third card here is Heart. This card can be romantic, and it can also be just about love in general, and finally I think it can be taken literally as about the anatomical heart. I hope it isn't the latter, because I don't want to have any heart trouble.

As we go to the fourth card we have another mountain-themed card in Mountain Road. This card is about success, but only if you stick closely to a plan. You have to navigate the road carefully. I am not entirely sure what this refers to, but perhaps I will know in October. The two Mountain cards made me think of my daughter's school which has the word 'Mountain' as the first name in it. Just a thought.

Card five is Horseshoe, a card of general good luck. I like that...but who wouldn't?! And I have to say I don't have any complaints about ending on the Flowers card which means happiness. Thinking on it just now, I realize how happiness is becoming more and more important to me each year. I feel like so much of my life has been focused around anxiety (about sickness, about abandonment, about relationships, etc), and not around happiness or anything that might bring true joy.

Looks like the month may have a few challenges but will have a positive side, too.

Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. Lovely deck!
    I think an advantage of a reading table is that you can keep your cards out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like this deck. It's one of my favorites. :) I've gotten used to it. It helps to practice with it, but the nice thing is that there is a little description on each card--you don't even need to look anything up.

      That is an interesting point. I could leave a spread out for a while--when I'm not feeling anal about putting it away. Hehee.

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. I too think that Lenormand from yesterday was beautiful. And your table is cute as a bugs ear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearie!

      Yes, I love that little thing. I love that it is cheap, too!

      Have a grand mid-week,
      MM

      Delete
  3. I thought of your daughter's school when I saw the mountain cards too, and I didn't even remember or know that the name had the word mountain in it. Maybe it will just be something as simple as, now that the newness and excitement of school is wearing off and the days get darker (as they do in October) your daughter will have a fresh adjustment period, getting used to the routine without the extra motivation fuel provided by newness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thoughtful comment! If anything she is getting more excited about school--even when tired. I think the challenge is definitely on my end. That is my sense if it, but we'll see.

      Delete