Monday, September 23, 2013

The Resting Tree: See Y'all Next Week

*UPDATE* I feel like I am coming down with another cold so this card is even more relevant...


"The Resting Tree is a sign for you to stop focusing and planning and be at peace in the moment. This is the representation of non-action and relaxation."

I've been feeling very burnt out the past week. I have had some rather unpleasant sinus headaches and bladder issues over the past week, and have not slept well. Then on Sunday I found out from my daughter's teacher (who called me) that my daughter has not been behaving in school on several occasions. I very carefully, and somewhat sternly, explained everything to my daughter this morning but despite the warnings from the teacher, my husband and myself she got in trouble yet again. I know the teacher is implementing a strategy for the 2nd grade class, as she noticed things were getting squirrelly, but it just really upset me--I was hoping things would go more smoothly!

Anyway, I'm going to hibernate a bit for the rest of the week. I've been enjoying this app I got by Colette Baron-Reid: Wisdom of the Hidden Realms. I'm taking this card as a signal to wait to take any specific action for my daughter (beyond what her teacher is working on discipline-wise in the class), but try to let it rest and see how things settle out. This is a new situation for her, having never been in the classroom. I know it is a big adjustment. It helps somewhat to know that she wasn't the only kid in the class to exhibit behavior issues, but it isn't necessarily much of a relief, either.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your problems. I think it is a wise decision to take it easy for a while. Try to relax and have fun with your app’s. I wish you well
    Ps. Who knows it is more the teachers problem than the kids.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am trying to put the whole thing in perspective. It isn't always easy but I would like to go with the flow more...

      Delete
  2. We've all got colds here too. Not fun. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I feel like complete crap today! Oh well. Trying to just rest and lay low now. Just depressing since I was finally over being sick about a week ago. Not super surprised as I have been tense lately and run down, but still...frustrating!

      I hope you feel better ASAP.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about the health troubles and the worries over your daughter. As you say, it takes a while to get used to anything new, so hopefully the teacher's disciplinary measures will prove effective. And sometimes you just get classes where the synergy is tricky...

    Sending you strength and healing vibes,
    Chloƫ
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!

      Thankfully, yesterday was a better day. I feel like I need to be more patient with her adjustment period! She only got one check mark on the new system as opposed to three or whatever it was last week where she kept getting into hot water! I think she's starting to understand, but we'll see how she does this week!

      Thanks for the good vibes :)

      XOOX,
      MM

      Delete