Friday, September 20, 2013

Two Important Priorities: My Husband and Daughter


When I did some pulls with the Enchanted Tarot App today I wanted to know what to post on my blog. I chose a card and got the King of Swords. My hubby! This really hit me because my husband has been very, very stressed about work lately. He wants to leave his job but he needs to figure out something else that is suitable and pays well enough, etc, etc, before he thinks about leaving. He's a cautious guy and deliberates on everything (double Libra!) but I think he needs to embody some wandsy energy on this because I feel his job is really, really dragging him down.

In addition to being on call he may have to work full-time over the weekend on his alleged days off. Then he won't get any days off for the whole week. And his work doesn't care at all what he thinks about it. There have been more and more annoying things going on at work over the past several months and I feel this has been the final straw for him. He has been at this job for 13 years.

Anyway, I decided to pull a second card and lo and behold I got my daughter's card, the Princess of Wands. I smiled because to me it felt appropriate that I should think about or prioritize my husband and daughter, as they are my true priorities above anything else. This is something I try to remember whenever anything is bothering me, particularly if that something is a bit piddly or petty.

I did end up pulling another card after this, the 10 of Wands, which showed a heaviness of burden. I wasn't sure how to interpret this. Perhaps it's telling me to worry less about them. I worry about my husband during this stressful work time, and I worry about my daughter with the various adjustments to school. Perhaps I just need to drop that burden and let things work themselves out.

And because I guess I felt like pulling four cards total, I picked a final card, which was the Prince of Swords. This, unfortunately, always reminds me of the son I felt very strongly I would have but didn't. But I can also see it as a fresh idea or maybe a fledgling learning opportunity. Either way, there is an interesting balance of air and fire in this reading, perhaps indicating the need for a mixture of action and thought in current situations.

Much Love,
MM



4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the work related stress you guys have. My husband has had the same issue's once. But it will pass because everything changes and nothing stays the same. Whatever happens, it is good that you have your priorities straight. I do think mothers can't stop worrying though. Its in their genes. But try not to let it get to you :) (ten of wands) a warm hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen!

      Yes, it is true that everything changes! It's a good thing to keep in mind when frustration rises! Everything is temporary. I agree about the worrying. Ah! I wish that wasn't the case. :)

      Hugs to you,
      MM

      Delete
  2. My husband had a job like that, one that stressed him out every single day. For years I encouraged him to look for something else, but that's hard to do. Sometimes the stressful, horrible job is the comfortable place because change is scary and finding out what you may be worth to other employers even scarier. The Universe took it out of his hands, though, and he was laid off after having worked there for 12 years. It was a stressful time and created a few financial worries, but overall it has been a good thing and led (after a couple of years) to him finding work that was much more in line with his talents. It still would have been less stressful if he'd made the leap without the push, but sometimes you don't see that until afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I completely agree. It sounds identical to what I've been doing with my husband. I even read him your comment and he said he knew but I think actually changing something is hard, even when you know what it is you need to change! He does seem more serious about it than usual. He's been in the job for 13 years, and really the last year has been more annoying than ever so I hope he doesn't get fired before he sees that he has to act on it. I'm glad your husband found something better for him.

      XOXO!

      Delete