Saturday, October 26, 2013

Death and the Devil: Letting Go of Negative Thinking and Other Bad Habits


So I got another cheesy tarot app for my phone. :) This one is the Crystal Visions Tarot. I admit I like it. There are some aspects of it that I don't like, but I kind of like the simple and soothing (yet colorful) art style. I have to admit that it has a naive quality to it, as if a 13-year-old girl drew it, but that's part of its charm. So here's a duo I pulled today. Death and the Devil. Haha! Kinda heavy.

What I came up with for this duo was the end of negative thinking. For me the Devil most often refers to any bad habit or negative spiral. I know there are other bad habits I have (caffeine? carbs?) but I'd say that the worst of all of my bad habits is anxiety and self-undoing.  If I am feeling really bad and in an anxiety spiral, then it feeds all of my other negative habits (not eating well, not sleeping well, negative emotional reactions) in a kind of all-out cluster of misery!

Something else that sprung to mind when seeing the Devil was letting go of my negative body image. That's another big issue that I've been thinking about a lot lately. It impacts my sex life in a bad way, and my self-esteem in general. Something to think about! I wish I felt comfortable lounging around naked eating an apple!

So. I am going to take this reading in that vein since this is an area I've been actively working on via affirmations and cognitive retraining.

Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you could get a tarot app for the the phone! I like the cards, and I like your interpretation. We can get together and put some miles under our shoes once in awhile if you'd like ... and then of course get some coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! You can get a ton of different apps, including tarot and oracle cards. Kinda fun! Thanks for the good wishes. Yes, it would be fun to go walking sometime. I have been walking more and getting out more. I'm working on my negative thinking first but it definitely effects everything, and getting exercise helps with one's outlook too. xxx!

      Delete
  2. I like you reading, especially the body image part. Cheesy??? Don't agree on that one. I do have this deck myself and I'm rather fond of it. For me it is a very evocative deck that triggers my intuition.But tastes differ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well...maybe only moderately cheesy! It has some very positive qualities and I like it a lot! Xxxooo

      Delete
    2. It does has a of of pink and pretty girls :)

      Delete
    3. Hah! Interestingly, that is not why I like it! I like the innocent, story book feel to it. I like that it looks like a young artist did it...I find that very interesting!

      Delete