Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ghosts and Spirits Tarot App

Top row: High Priestess, The Star--Bottom row: The World, Queen of Swords

With the recent paycheck, I decided to splurge a bit and buy a couple of tarot/oracle apps on my phone. One of them was pretty cheap (this one) at $3.99. This is the Ghosts and Spirits Tarot by Lisa Hunt. I asked my husband to help me find an interesting tarot app and this is the one he chose! Now, ordinarily this may not be my first choice but I found I love it! The imagery is really spectacularly energetic, colorful and macabre, but also has some very mellow pieces of artwork in it. I highly recommend it! I may even get a copy of the real deck. There are titles, but I cut them off in the image above so I could easily fit as much of the artwork as possible on the card.

The descriptions have a little story/fable that goes with whatever the image is, along with a short explanation. Like so, but excuse the cut off title/various parts:


Anyway, I am going to use this deck this coming week since I like the October flavor it has. :D

Love,
MM

7 comments:

  1. It's certainly appropriate for this season. Have fun with it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! It's not my usual divination fare, but I like the swirling energy of it, the colors, patterns, the slightly macabre feel, etc.

      Delete
  2. Love that world card...the opposite of ego is reality :)
    So far all I've managed to have time to do with my iPhone that was new in early August is keep it charged and figure out how to do Pandora.
    I have voicemail and texting turned off. Maybe in another life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many of these cards are quite thought-provoking, and the little stories/fables/folklore that go with them are pretty cool.

      Find someone to help you out with the iPhone! It's really a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Then again, being tied to social media and gadgets is not always healthy--so maybe taking it at a slow pace is a better idea. :D

      XOX

      Delete
  3. The artwork is incredible! The only thing that has put me off using this deck (I have it in card form) is the stories behind all the cards - requiring time and the book to hand. Maybe I should get the app for the info at my fingertips... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does take some time to read through the stories/fables. It's more suited to when you have a little extra time. I suppose over time you'd just remember the fables. Many of them I was already familiar with so that helped! The app is really nice. I like having several tarot apps on my phone. I just have to limit myself, financially speaking. :D

      XoX

      Delete
    2. At least apps are fairly cheap - you can buy three or four for the price of a regular deck ;)
      Cxx

      Delete