Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Helpful Husband, Parent-Teacher Conference


When I saw this trio today I thought of my helpful husband. At first I only pulled two cards: Man and Garden. This combo I read to be a man out and about, a famous or society man. But that didn't quite feel right to me. It seemed like it might be more literally referring to a garden. My dad is big into gardening, as was his dad. But I wondered if this was about my husband helping with something in the yard or garden. Then I decided to pull a third and final card and received House, which made me think it might be about help around our yard, house and garden, and home in general.

I added the leaves because he's already been doing a lot of raking, but mostly to form an impressive pile that our daughter can jump in and destroy. :) Another thing that this pull made me think of was my husband meeting up with my daughter's teacher at the school today. This week is parent-teacher conferences and it was more convenient for him to meet up with the teacher on his way back from work. I know this doesn't necessarily fit the traditional meaning, but there's the man (my husband), and a building where they'll meet, and the garden part made me think of the school because the school is a Waldorf school which is very nature-based and they have a large garden out front because gardening is a big part of the actual curriculum for each student.

Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that the best thing you can do with a pile of leaves?
    My daughters also have attended a Waldorf school. I had to look it up because we call it different here. I think garden and house will go quite well for this type of school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess you're right! I see--that is very nice to hear. How old are your daughters now? Thanks for your input--I thought so! I did another reading about the parent-teacher conference and it seemed quite positive. Here's hoping. :D

      Delete
    2. My daughters are 23 and 26 now. So they left there school for quite some years. And how old is yours?

      Delete
    3. Ahh--lovely! It sounds like they had a very nice school experience. I hope so, anyway. I feel this style of school is better for my highly physical, creative daughter! My daughter is 7, almost 8. She is in second grade. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the literal interpretation of your Man helping out around the House and Garden ;) The House can also represent a family man, or a househusband with the Man, and the Garden can be community, so that would work for him going to the school in what might more traditionally be the "woman's" role :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean! That is the first thing I thought of when I pulled these cards. He definitely is a family man. He's great with kids and is very playful. I think he's better with kids than I am. I mean--I'm not an ogre or anything like that, but he's just especially good at it. Originally we were both going to go but it turned out being a bit more trouble because I had to get my daughter and then run back to drop her off at my parents sometime later, then drive back to the school--all for a 20 minute meeting. I kinda wanted my husband to go because I do tend to be the vocal one and I feel like it's good for him to get a chance to talk once in a while. He's very charming and good with people (he's a Libra) but he's also got a really private side (Scorpio moon, mercury), so sometimes I have to really encourage him...

      Delete