Sunday, October 20, 2013

Self-Employment: Avoiding Familiar Pitfalls

Oh Gosh...

This app has terrible image quality, hence my decision to make the image smaller (and mess with it a lot in PicMonkey.com, but that didn't help much), but I admit I am still enjoying the pulls I've been getting.

So here is a card that I got when I asked what I should be working on. It really resonated with me, like a tuning fork. One thing I've learned about myself over the years is that I prefer to be self-employed. Even if what I am doing doesn't make very much money as a conventional job would.

What I have to do is to figure out is how to put myself out there job-wise, and do it joyfully and without insane expectations. That's always a challenge with any venture, but I think that I've realized I just need to focus on the enjoyment of the venture--whatever it is--and not obsess over the financial aspect of it so much. I think my ever-present mistake has been in putting my focus in the wrong place, and placing a lot of negative feelings into things which should be at least somewhat enjoyable.

Love,
MM

3 comments:

  1. You know, I haven't bought into it because it's not where I'm at right now, but there is a lot of useful stuff (some of it free) over at Leonie Dawson's site and her amazing biz academy. She often writes (in her free weekly newsletter) about following your heart and accepting abundance. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very good point. I have read some of her articles recently! There was one about how to avoid common money blocks and issues, something I definitely benefitted from reading. And there's the planners which you gave me (thank you!) and I really wish I had used them more toward the second half of this year. I was really gung-ho with them the first few months or so of the year and then I fell behind. I want to re-discover what my goals are, since I've lost sight of them in the chaos of adjusting to my daughter's school stuff and also just not really knowing where to start.

      You have so much going on this year! I know you've had so many challenges but also joys. I hope things smooth out and feel less chaotic. I'm excited for you moving to your new place and having that lovely little baby bean.

      Love,
      MM

      Delete
    2. Yes, money blocks and issues are something so common, aren't they? And I likewise haven't looked at my planners for months. Still, even though I haven't been that organised about it, I think I'm on the track I want to be on. It will be good to have some time to go back and look at what my goals were, though ;)

      Love,
      Chloƫ

      Delete