Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Clouds and Fog

Ok, so I was kinda bad(ish) and got another deck app for my phone. Well, at least it's cheaper than a physical deck, right?!! Anyway. This one is the Earth Magic Oracle Cards. I really love these! They are so gorgeously scenic and the descriptions are quite involved.

Here are two cards I received. Clouds and Fog? Wow. Sounds murky. Actually that's basically the idea. The Clouds card is pretty interesting, actually, and talks about trying on new identities and doing things differently. It reminds me of Prince Lenormand's comment on my 8 of Swords post yesterday! It says that at your core your identity is the same, but it is fun to try new things, whether it's changing your appearance or doing things in a different way. Kind of funky twist that I wasn't expecting!

The Fog card is more what I thought Clouds would be about, which is that things are unclear right now and I need more information before I can proceed and make goals. This reminds me a little of the Seven of Cups--where if your head is in the clouds you don't always make good choices. Informed choices. I think that people can go TOO far with the informed choices thing, being the self-destructive perfectionist that doesn't take any risks. But sometimes you really don't know what to do next, and taking a step when the timing isn't right could be a bad idea. I've been thinking that, for the remainder of this year, I want to lay low (except for the usual holiday chaos!) and maybe make a few things, but not make any major changes or set anything into motion that might take a lot of energy or commitment. I agree that it isn't the right time for that.

This deck is very landscapey and vibrant. I love that.

Love,
MM

8 comments:

  1. I have this deck too and I love it very much. The Fog card also reminds me of the two of swords; The breathing space before making a decision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? I really like it. That is a good point. A very good parallel. I agree with that. It definitely has a 'pre-decision' feel to it. Then when you look at the influence coming after this (the very next reading after this post) it makes sense. Also it goes with the onslaught of 'new idea' and 'entrepreneur' and other venture readings I've been getting. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. It's good to go against your nature sometimes. I was thinking more of as a response to fatigue or lethargy or those nagging thoughts of self-doubt - to go against them and 'do something' when you don't feel up to it or 'try something' even if you don't feel as though you can. When I am depressed and just want to stay in bed with the duvet over my head, that is the very time I must fight against it and get up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's been my lifesaver too. Just do something, anything but staying in my chair. And it always gets better....

      Delete
    2. PLN...yes, definitely! Haha, I should've clarified that the conversation we had made me think about the opposite experiment. :D But I totally agree with pushing through lethargy...so important. Thanks for your helpful perspective!
      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
    3. That is right, Ellen. Momentum is so important! I need to keep this in mind because much of what I do has to be self-motivated since I don't work for anyone else--I do contract type jobs--things that I have to initiate on my own.

      XXOO

      Delete
  3. Another thing about clouds is they make the sun seem to disappear and change the color and feel of the day even though the sun is right where it's always been and still burning just as brightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting observation, Siddaleah! Thank you. :)

      Delete