Monday, November 18, 2013

Druid Oracle App: Juniper Clears Away the Crap

Hi Everyone!

I have missed you all on my little hiatus-from-blogging. I still feel a little blog lazy, but I hate seeing my blog being neglected by me, so I thought I'd post!

Last night I decided to treat myself to an affordable oracle app for my phone, in this case the Druid Oracle. I love this app! There's something really swell about this one that I can't quite pinpoint.

Maybe part of the reason I am enjoying it so much is that it isn't overly cheesy. The descriptions are practical and even include information about the plants and animals mentioned in the cards. I dunno.

Anyway. Here is a card I got a few times yesterday when using the app, so I thought I'd feature it here today. The card is Juniper. It's funny but seeing the image of the Juniper bush makes me think about our old house, where we had a giant Juniper bush in front of our bedroom window. I didn't mind the bush except that it was sort of ugly and unkempt (we're lazy landscapers), and...well...neighborhood cats would fight in the bush, which would get quite raucous, particularly at night. Because of this we had to chop the bush down in its entirety. Ahh, sweet relief from cat chaos!

It's funny because my goofy little story is actually somewhat applicable to the meaning of this card--which is about clearing away the old before something new can come in. The concept makes sense. If you have unfinished business then you are not likely to go forward with a blank slate and an open heart, on to the next adventure. This card got me thinking about what I may be holding onto that is holding me back from trying new and perhaps better things for where I am currently in life. I thought of several things, actually. Some of them seem trivial, and even ridiculous when I think of them, but it's good to get these things down on paper (or computer, nowadays), so we can see what we need to work on in order to move forward:


  • Messy art space-My so-called art space is piled almost to the ceiling with boxes and containers and bucket loads of crap from our move a year and a half ago. We have tried to wittle down the chaos bit by bit, box by box, but I feel that overall we've been avoiding it, and at this rate it may take another decade to get it done. I think it may be time to spend a large chunk of time sorting through this stuff, donating it, seeing if anyone else needs it, or otherwise clearing it. The result of this would be that both my husband and myself would have a clear space to easily work on a creative project or other involved project that needs a fair amount of space.
  • Unfinished projects-I don't expect to finish all of these, because as all of you creative people know, there is almost always at least one unfinished project, and that is OK, but it's when there are multiple unfinished projects that it starts to queue up in your mind unpleasantly. Not to mention, sometimes projects can take up a lot of physical space. Some of them that come to mind: a tarot deck I never finished (70 images left to go!), a painting for my realtor that is finished but just needs a sawtooth hanger on the back. I think this would take all of 2 minutes to finish, and then I have to deliver the piece to her, which would also take only a few minutes since she lives near me! Then I have a trio of painted goddess pieces to ship to my former art history professor, but I have to figure out how to turn them into pendants since I can't drill them without ruining the artwork...I've been putting it off because I don't feel like doing it. Then I also want to inventory my soaps and other remaining bath/body products, re-package them if they need it, and try to sell some more of them so I can make some money off of it! Anyway, there are several other items I could add to this list but this bullet point is getting too chunky.
  • Contacting friends and family-There are a few friends and family I've wanted to e-mail and/or send a small package to. I have a package for a friend in Wyoming who seems really down that I meant to send a week ago. I'm feeling stingy financially but I think I should just send it because I know she would be touched, since she loves getting packages and cards.  
  • Financial/savings plan-I've been really thinking I need to come up with a more solid financial plan, money savings plan, or even money making plan, but so far I've been pretty lax about figuring this out. I really want to do it, and I feel like now is a good time.
  • Medical appointments-I am overdue for my wellness exam, and also a dental appointment. But since finances are not very strong right now I'm worried about the cost. I did finally make a dental appointment for my daughter for early December. I had to cancel two previous appointments for her due to illness (it was right after school started) so at least I can check that off. 

Well, that's the bigger ones, but I know there are lots of piddly ones which I feel that I don't need to bore you with. :) I am probably forgetting some major things too, but I'll just go with what I see on the list right now.  It's amazing how such mundane things can really add up and make you feel overwhelmed. I did check a couple things off my list yesterday and this morning, so that helps. I like the feeling of satisfaction and relief I get when I finish things. But I also prefer not to feel like I 'have to' do things, but we can't get out of having to do certain things, so I may as well try to get some satisfaction from the process.

Love,
MM

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back MM. Juniper fits perfectly for me today. I have a day off work and am steadily working away at clearing out piles of old "stuff" and trying to arrange my desk area to work better. Indeed there are many unfinished projects but yeah that is okay. I drew the Sun from The Sacred Circle tarot this morning. Immediately brought a smile and gave me the incentive I needed to get started. I want this day to be productive. All of this is part of my transition from the old to the new. Much needed before moving on. And, to my surprise, fun. Well today anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! It sounds like you had quite the day planned! I hope it went well? It feels so good to clear stuff out. It is really cleansing, like a life enema. Haha. Plus, things just look better when there's not so much clutter. Lotsa hugs...xox

      Delete
  2. Hee hee I have an attic full of stuff. I never go there, but I know I have to organize it one day. Perhaps after my eldest daughter has moved out and has taken away her stuff.
    I think you call this procrastination .... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, it is rather foreboding to go into crazy areas of clutter/storage. Feng Shui experts claim that areas of your life are impacted by what kinda crap you have in your house and where you have it! I don't know much about Feng Shui but I find it intriguing, anyway. Hehe--good luck with your procrastination. ;) Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I hear you on both the space clearing and the financial plan! I think the space clearing for me will be an on-going life-long exercise!! I have just received the 6th box of books from my dad (in NZ), and I need some (more!) bookshelves. Not to mention paperwork, bits of artwork, aaargh. As for the financial plan - well I'm a fire sign, so that conversation pretty much ends there. My partner is a Virgo so at least one of us is sorted he he :) Have fun decluttering and getting creative xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica!!

      I keep meaning to comment on your blog and I keep getting kicked off. I can't seem to comment on my cell phone! Oye. Anyway. I do think space clearing is a life-long thing. It really is! It is cyclical--you get through one area then realize you have other areas. I try to do it when I'm feeling good about it. I don't want to feel crappy about it. I do tend to feel a lot better when I start working on something like that. Ahh a Virgo partner! My husband is a Libra, but has a Capricorn north node and we both have earth sign north nodes (you have the same I do, I think)...so part of our karma is working out this practical stuff! We can do it!! :D

      Delete
  4. Ha, with a house move coming up, we're going to have to do some sorting/donating/chucking, too. It might feel daunting, but even doing just a few bits every day (whether of the clearing or the other bits and bobs), will reduce it to manageable proportions before you know it! Good luck :)
    Hugs, Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Chloë!

      My oh my! Well, you have my sympathy. We cleared out two or three truckloads of stuff that got donated (and a few things that went to the dump( but I still think we could possibly fill another truckload. We have made some progress on it, but it's been TOO slow. I think we need to pick up the pace a bit. Maybe spend a day or two working on it solidly.

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
    2. Hee hee, I don't think we'll have quite that much, though there are several pieces of furniture that don't fit anywhere in the new place. Overall, we're quite good about that sort of thing. We have a box in the utility room to put stuff in for donating as and when - like after finishing up a novel I know I won't read again. So, we try to do little bits regularly, bigger bits at least a couple times a year... That's just how we've come to deal with the buildup of crap, and I will also admit that we both have big collections of some things: vinyl for my DO, and decks and books for me ;D

      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete
    3. Yeah, we also go through purges several times a year--but somehow there is always more than there should be! I chalk this up to the fact that I love bargain shopping. I get most of my stuff cheaply at the thrift store--including almost all clothing and furniture, etc. So I sometimes have lots of things that I really should donate. And eventually I do. :) I have gotten better about clutter over the years--I try to keep my living spaces relatively clear of chaos. :D I think everyone has their weaknesses when it comes to collections!!! :D

      Xoxo,
      MM

      Delete