Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Message from a Chubby, Toddler Mermaid: Rest!

Here's a card I pulled last night before going to bed. I pulled other ones, but anyway. This one resonates with me today. I feel especially tired today. I had half a cup of coffee and realized I didn't want to artificially 'wire' myself to be alert. Because I have a bit of a cold (sore throat, congestion, fatigue) I want to not overdo it and try to get some rest, but sometimes getting rest is boring, y'know? Oh well.

I didn't sleep well last night so I suppose I should try my best to follow this advice. The congestion was distracting and made it difficult to sleep. And I try to avoid cold medications because they really aren't very good for you. Plus I don't even think I have any. I think the best thing to do when you're sick or run down is to rest and eat well.

Part of why I didn't want to rest right now is just what the card says--I've been working to get some bath and body products together, packaged and re-packaged for upcoming events and various booths/venues. But my body says, 'heck no. I am tired.' So I am just doing the minimum at the moment.

I think I will finish what I am in the middle of doing and then try to lay down for a while or at least not do anything too involved or strenuous. I just made some candy cane swirl soaps (red and white, with vanilla and peppermint), and some snickerdoodle soaps (butter, vanilla and cinnamon), and I have festive packaging for them, but I will leave the rest of the labeling for later. I was glad that I made all of my solid lotion bars yesterday and also labeled them, so that it will make preparation much easier later on.

Sending you all restful wishes,
MM

7 comments:

  1. I hope you did rest today. In the end taking care of yourself and getting better will be far more productive. Would love to see the end results of all your hard work. Vanilla and peppermint ... can smell it now.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol!

      Thanks for the good wishes. :D I did rest a little, though admittedly not as much as I should have. I was fairly distracted and jumpy. Hehee. Sometimes it's hard to rest when you have things to do or things on your mind.

      Hope you have a beautiful day!!! XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
  2. I'd love to know what you think of the deck I just launched on Kickstarter, called "The Tarot of Creativity." It is a heady mix of numerology, Tarot keywords, and upside-down thinking.

    www.kickstarter.com/projects/467702680/the-tarot-of-creativity

    Aliyah Marr
    Artist and author of The Tarot of Creativity


    On Kickstarter till Dec. 1st, 2013, then on tarotofcreativity dot com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommend, Aliyah!
      Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, I'm not very keen on the chubby, toddler mermaid ;) Still, I like the message, and not just for then, but more generally. Hope you take good care of yourself, and rest up when you need it. As for that congestion, where's your neti pot?! :D

    Restful hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloë!

      I know what you mean...the chubby, toddler mermaid is a little bit grotesque but I can't quite put my finger on why. Yes, I am working on it! I am crampy today for whatever reason and still congested. It's that cold I was getting over, plus my tendency to sinus things. Amazingly I have been using my neti pot recently but I may need to use it more than once a day for a while. Also, I may need to cut out dairy completely again.

      Thanks for the love...

      XO,
      MM

      Delete
    2. Glad to read you're using your neti pot, and good luck getting that congestion under control.

      Healing hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete