Monday, November 25, 2013

Neti Pot Reminder

Using the always charming Ator Tarot, I pulled this card as my 'card to post' for today. I have a little over an hour before I need to head over to my daughter's school to help out with their Monday art class. I set it up as my particular volunteer slot--every Monday for two hours, and even though sometimes it's quite chaotic and busy, I'm glad to be able to help. My daughter's teacher always expresses great appreciation that I'm helping with it, which makes it all the better.

Creepy enough for you? Looks like her neck is broken!
Anyway. I wanted a message that was quick and easy to convey--nothing overly complicated or esoteric, nothing that would take many hours or thinking to decipher. So, I think this works for me! What this reminds me of is a neti pot. That isn't always the meaning for it, but today it seemed relevant. I've been having sinus congestion again, and it helps to rinse once or twice a day with a neti pot (and also avoid too much dairy, sugar, carbs, and other sinus mucous triggers) to keep the congestion at bay. I actually told myself this morning, 'Better remember to use the neti pot' and then I forgot again! I had been using it daily over the past week when I noticed that I was feeling that familiar sinus stuffiness, and then I slacked off. So when I saw this 'simple' single card drawing as today's post I immediately remembered that I hadn't washed out my sinuses today. For those that aren't familiar with a neti pot, here's an image of one being used (a very creepy computer-generated image) for your viewing pleasure (?). Um...yeah. Great visual. Hehee.You don't have to all thank me at once for getting that image stuck in your head!

Can you see why the image of Temperance reminds me of that? It's very literal. I like it when the tarot and oracles can be used in a very visual, straight-forward manner. It really isn't always that way--sometimes it takes some spelunking to see the deeper meanings of readings, but other times not. Oh! And I had better use my neti pot right now before I run out of time and forget again.

Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. Hope the neti pot helped clear you up a bit. I love mine! Been using it twice daily recently, as my DH is ill. I think it can help prevent sickness, as well as dealing with the effects…
    Hugs,
    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help some--I think I need to continue with it daily for a while! I am about to go do it again now! But I also think addressing diet helps the sinus thing too. There's a great book I have called 'Sinus Survival' and it has lots of good tips on sinus care-including foods to avoid (namely dairy, sugar, carbs, etc--kind of like the yeast diet, since there have been studies saying sinus infections are often a form of candida/fungal infection, so that bothers the sinuses is also rooted in sugar/yeast imbalance). I definitely have heard that about the illness prevention--since the nose is our filter to the outside world and traps particles and bacteria there. If we rinse it then we can clear out those areas. Thanks for the support!

      XXXOOO

      Delete
  2. Hi Magic Mentha! You are very right! By my experience cards are very literal almost always! Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings, Las Magas!

      Yes, they do seem quite literal a lot of the time. And sometimes there are double meanings to readings. I've seen that happen quite a bit. Thanks for visiting! Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant comparison there. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, good sir! I hope you are feeling well today. :) x0x

      Delete