Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Trapped in Fear: Lookie Here at Your Demons


Now here is a funny example of how I pulled a card, expecting a positive suggestion and instead got a look at my demons! Hahaa. Like the last pull, I was hoping for one thing, but got another. Isn't that the definition of life? That's control freakism at its finest: try to get an oracle to respond a certain way. It kind of defeats the purpose, I think...

I like that this deck has been very thought-provoking for me in the short time I've been using it. This card, the 8 of Swords, is a thought-provoking card in and of itself, but I like this version in particular. Instead of surrounded by a stand of swords, this person is in a kind of prison, but the prison is his mind. This is a perfect visual for this card!

I think this card makes me think of how counseling, or therapy of some sort can be helpful for these places, but action can also be helpful. When people are trapped in fear-based thinking sometimes the only way out is to just take courageous steps forward even if it's the last thing you want to do.

This is something I've been working on lately, but I still have a tendency to do what this card says. Time to cut through those self-imposed limitations.

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Whatever the demons say (you're not good enough, go back to bed, put it off til tomorrow, it won't last), do or think the opposite. They want to keep you immobolised in fear. They don't want you to take steps. I was telling my friend this evening that if you believe what your demons say and stay stuck, they've won.

    You seem well matched to this deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that plan, PLN! It reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where one of the characters (George) did the opposite of what he usually did--and everything went really well! I think that's a comment on how our ruts hold us back. I will try to use this advice...

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Well, you did choose a deck that isn't just all happy-clappy images, so you must have been willing to hear this, even if you didn't really want to :) Good luck breaking free from those demons!
    Hugs,
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I like this deck. I like the happy and the mixed decks, for sure. I guess pretending fears aren't there is a bad idea. ;)

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete