Sunday, November 3, 2013

Twos and Yous: Create and Change


This is just a direct screen shot from my phone (no editing!) showing a five card pull I did with the Ator Tarot app I have. There is no layout on this one, this is freestyle, baby! Generally speaking I prefer it this way. Even though spreads can be very helpful as a framework, often I feel they hinder my intuitive process. But anyway...

First thing I noted when looking at these cards is that three of the five cards are twos. Two of Swords, Two of Pentacles, Two of Wands. The only thing missing is cups. I think that what these twos all have in common (and really any two in tarot) is the idea of juggling or balancing something. These fall into the categories of decisions and thoughts for swords, inspiration and creative ideas for wands and material concerns for pentacles. The thing about the two that I have never liked is that it feels just a little bit wishy-washy to me. It isn't overly dynamic, except that a lot of energy is expended to keep things in balance, but little progress seems to be made at this stage of the game. Nothing concrete has been decided. Things are up in the air. There isn't much of a commitment, except for the Two of Cups, which is the only one that didn't come up in this reading.

I find this is an accurate assessment of where I am right now. I have not ventured forth in any direction following my daughter's entry into school. I'm just staying the course but I haven't exactly chosen a new course for myself--I have not set sail. I keep thinking I have a bright idea and then it just...goes nowhere. Whether this is because I am nervous and blocking myself, or whether I have not truly come upon an appropriate direction, or whether the timing is all wrong and I just need to bide my time until a more appropriate opening presents itself...well, I am not entirely sure. I think it's probably the first one more than anything. Opportunities are definitely created by action. It's pretty rare for inspiration to just hit you square in the head. You have to go seeking for it, then follow where it leads until it no longer feels appropriate to continue.

If you look beyond indecision land you have the other two cards in the reading--two majors. We have the Empress (creative, mother) and the Wheel of Fortune (change, cycles), showing the importance of both creativity and change. Creativity and the Wheel of Fortune are both changeable things, and in this case change is good. I have to be mindful of not stagnating too long, not remaining in indecision--refusing risks or fun in favor of what is safe and sanitary.

Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to be able to read your cards were ever you are :)
    Hold on to the two majors; they are they are the signposts on your path

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! It's fun to have phone apps even though it doesn't really replace the real deal.

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Funny, I've never thought of the two's as wishy-washy, just about being on the cusp of something, before you actually leap. The Wheel certainly suggests forward momentum from that place of indecision! Good luck with the change from Empress Mother to Empress Creatrix :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...well, I see the cards differently in every reading (with some exceptions)...I guess the sheer amount of twos felt like a bunch of things in the balance but not moving forward--that seemed to fit most clearly with how I felt about several things, too! But I am also realizing how important the waiting and balancing of the two is...that it is just as important as the 3 of the Empress-moving forward, making something.Thanks for the good wishes. Hope you are well, m'dear!!

      Delete
  3. I've never been inclined to buy it, but every time I see the Ator I light up with a smile. Too sweet to be legal.
    The horse kind hit me the same way it hit you. The card is trying too hard. And that is a weird crown from my chair, looks like wind compass or something. The technology that created this kind of card advances so quickly in no time at all what looks great in the beginning soon looks dated and uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree, Sharyn! I do like the Ator tarot, although I don't own the physical deck, just this app.

      Yes, it's too bad that computer-generated decks often look so wooden and creepy. But I think someday we'll get it right. You can't replace true, hands on painting and drawing and the like. It just feels a certain way.

      Hugs to you,
      MM

      Delete