Friday, November 22, 2013

¡Vámonos! Goal Setting for 2014

Happy Friday, Folks!

Here is a card that I got just now to post on the blog. It's a repeat card from yesterday. I think this is the third time I've gotten it in the past couple of days.

Also, on my tarot cabinet I pulled and displayed three cards to focus on, and the center card was the 8 of Cups. To me, this is a pretty quintessential 'time to go' card as well. You realize that something has had its day, and you also know that in order to find more meaning in your life you have to move on from situations that may have grown stagnant. There may not even be anything wrong with the situations in and of themselves-just that you are no longer interested in them.

When I got this card I was thinking about how I want to make a new start in a new venture from the ones I've been dabbling in over the past year or two. Basically, I've been flip-flopping between bath/body products, tarot reading and a smattering of art, and sometimes other things that I run across.

Last night I did a series of pro/con or yes/no readings on various ventures. The cards were sort of lukewarm about almost all of the ventures! Interestingly, the most glowing and positive reading (including cards of World and Magician) was starting my own business...like a real business, not a half-assed venture (which is my usual style. Hah!) This is something I've daydreamed about but I kept thinking 'I could NEVER do that'...but my husband said that if I did something I really enjoyed then it might be a good experience...though plenty of work.

This is something I've been kicking around vaguely, and when I kept seeing 'Entrepreneur' and similar cards I wondered about it, but I can't help thinking maybe I am fooling myself. I thought long and hard about it last night but I decided to just keep in the back of my mind for now, to percolate. I tend to shoot low when it comes to ventures. I try to stay as safe and small as possible--and seem to get nervous at the prospect of making any amount of money. I realize that a brick and mortar business (or an at-home full-time business) would require a commitment to success and dedication.

Plenty to think about for 2014...

Love,
MM

5 comments:

  1. Time to go...fast. Reminds me of olympic runners. Get yer blades on girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does look like an Olympic participant! Thanks for the good mojo.

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
  2. What strikes me most in what you wrote is the bit about shooting low and getting nervous at the prospect of making money. Many of us feel that way, I think, and my sense is that you sabotage yourself in these ventures. And until you get through that feeling of not being able or worthy to do something "real", then you won't. That's not a criticism, as it's fine not to run your own business full-time. If it is something you want, though, then a change in mindset might be the place to start, more than a business plan...

    I see that angel shining a light on the past - it's through illuminating that and letting it go that you'll be able to move into the future :)

    XOXO,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I definitely agree. My mindset is likely the biggest culprit of why things didn't work out before. Also, I may not have wanted what I was trying for! Oye. But I really do want to be in line with what is right for me, and do things for the right reasons and feel good about it to boot!

      I think I'm making some progress on this front but I've got a ways to go. ;)

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
    2. Ah well, as they say, life is a journey...
      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete