Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Contemplation and Decision for a Happy Life


Again I didn't feel all that motivated to post today, but at the same time I felt like it would be a good exercise for me, a way to get a little bit more focused. Here are two cards I pulled just now, using a couple of apps on my phone. Contemplation Time and Time to Decide. There is a similar theme with these two cards, especially when you read the descriptions (not shown). I've been seeing a lot of these kinds of cards show up in recent days.

I suppose these things have been on my mind more than usual as the year draws to a close and 2014 looms large on the horizon. So far I have zero plans for 2014, and I would like to change that. It's not that I want to be really intensely goal-oriented, just that I really want to have an interesting and worthwhile year, not one where I just float along aimlessly, without any care or passion. My tired, somewhat depressive feelings lately have indicated to me that it's time to make a decision about how I'd like to move forward in 2014. As each year passes, it becomes less and less about money or even life purpose, but more about being happy and involved in my life. I do think that making money and feeling confident are a part of this, though. What I have noticed about people is that over time they start to realize that their time is limited and they want to get serious about enjoying their life. I know, it sounds funny when worded that way. Haha!

So, I will try to take myself and my happiness seriously and take that time to contemplate and decide things for the coming year.

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely focus, MM! Good luck with finding what makes you happy, and deciding to pursue it in 2014 :)
    Hugs,
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chloe!

      I think I have been going about it in a backwards way--hoping a new scheme would make me happy if it made money or was successful, but I do think I need to get out of that trap and follow the breadcrumb trail of my passion. At the moment, the trail is pretty hard to find, but maybe once I start on it things will get easier.

      Wishing you love and joy in 2014,
      MM

      Delete
    2. Sometimes, I think you have to let go of all the worry and crap about what you should be doing before you can find your love. You have to allow yourself to honour whatever turns you on, rather than what you think should ;)
      Wishing you health, happiness and a clear trail of breadcrumbs in 2014!
      Chloë xxx

      Delete
    3. Good advice, Chloë!

      I definitely do not honor just what would be fun, most of the time...so this is important. I do love focusing on things, and I think the missing element is enjoyment and maybe a dollop of acceptance.

      Thanks for helping with the trail of breadcrumbs! I may have to get a reading from you next paycheck.

      Have a swell last night of 2013!

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete