Monday, December 9, 2013

Release and Embrace for December: Ennui and Defeat



I saw Neopagan Priestess doing a release/embrace spread several times recently so I thought I was due for another one! I just wanted to see what would come up as 2013 comes to a close.

So, what do we have here? I thought this duo was especially slumpy and hilarious. It probably is kinda accurate. I feel a little burnt out and lacking in motivation as this year draws to a close.

In the Release position, we have the 4 of Cups, which I associate with ennui, boredom, feeling like you need to get back in touch with what you really want and need. There are ideas and offerings but none of them sound quite right. This makes sense for what I have been experiencing over the past week or two. I keep thinking, 'Welllll, maybe I could sorta-kinda do that?' But it doesn't QUITE fit. Like a puzzle piece that is kinda close but isn't quite right. I prefer to hold out for the puzzle piece that fits. I don't like forcing things...I tend to regret it later. So, I think releasing this feeling of crappiness, or at least releasing a tight grip on the kind of 'blah' winter/creative muddle blues might not be such a bad idea.

In the Embrace position is the 5 of Swords. Normally when I see this in a spread it says 'give up!' It's time to give up the fight, let go...admit defeat! I think this is what I should do. Admit that I don't really know yet what to do in 2014, and that I can allow that quiet space around the holidays (well, when I mean quiet, I mean just creatively) where I don't yet have a master plan for next year but I'm gently and non-aggressively flirting with ideas. But...even that may be overkill right now. This card in this position makes me think I need to drop all of my swords and walk away for a bit to regain clarity.

Love lots,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Turn things upside down and think about nothing creative until 2014. You aren't giving up, you are just going to take a break. Put it out there in the Universe. Ponder other things. When the time comes, what you are to do, will show itself. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, Carol! Oh, I love your new picture. So much fun! I definitely see the need for rejuvenating energy before entering a new creative cycle, especially at the tail end of the year where there tends to be more chaos and more activity.

      XOXO!

      Delete
  2. Hi MM,

    Love your reading of these, and I totally agree. Give yourself a time out, you don't have to finish the puzzle now. When you come back to it, you'll have more energy, and more clarity :)

    Hugs,
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Chloƫ! I appreciate your support, know-how, enthusiasm and general goodness as always! I sure hope you're right. It seems like it will help, so I am going to give it a go. :D

      XOX

      Delete