Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Smile and Uplift Your Thoughts


So I wanted to post something for today but didn't really feel like it. I've been rather tired and blah the past few days. Or maybe longer. Not sure. Part of the issue is that I haven't been sleeping that well. I think I'm in a bad habit of processing mental and emotional stuff in the evening. It's a pretty common habit, and I have to counter it with relaxing activities, baths, journal writing, or whatever else might help. I have to break the cycle of stress or worry mode. Along with that, as these cards suggest, my thoughts have been generally rather blah or depressive. Nothing horrendous or serious, just a feeling of malaise. Tiredness as the year comes to a close and not feeling particularly directed for the year 2014.

As I briefly touched on here on the blog, I may just allow this feeling of surrender and defeat--at least to the extent that it allows me to take time out to allow something meaningful to surface that I can pursue. But when I do this, I think I have to be especially mindful not to fall into bad habits of anxiety and depression, two common bedfellows in a fallow period. I would like this so-called 'quiet period' to be healing and positive rather than depressing and aimless.

So, I will try to take the advice given in these cards.

Love,
MM

8 comments:

  1. I wish you well for the coming time
    It is what it is and if you accept this feeling perhaps it will fade away sooner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ellen! Go with the flow, eh? Good call.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surrender is something I've been working on for a while now too, except I keep forgetting I'm working on it and go right back to striving like crazy to fix myself, fix my life, fix my environment, fix the world. No wonder I get tired. ;-) {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the funny thing about surrender--how you work on it makes a big difference! Good luck with it. :) It has helped me a bit to find some inspirational reading, such as books by Harriet Lerner and other savvy psychologists who emphasize emotional independence. I think a lot of us moms try to do everything for everyone around us, and then we end up miserable and without our own goals and emotional stability. I definitely find that when I'm avoiding my own problems I tend to want to try to control others more. It's a meditative practice to bring the focus back to center...xoxx

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love Harriet Lerner. :-) "The Dance of Anger" really changed the way I respond to people and how I view my own power. Very good reading!

      Delete
    3. Cool! I love that you have read it. There is also The Dance of Intimacy and The Mother Dance. I haven't read The Mother Dance yet. Lotsa hugs to you.

      Delete
    4. I think I read them, but I'm not remembering. My head is so foggy these days. lol. Maybe I'll pick them up at the library for a refresher. :-)

      Delete
    5. Oh! She has another book that I was unaware of, The Dance of Fear. I want to read that one because so many choices I've made throughout my life have been ruled by fear. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of judgement, fear of the unknown. I would love to lose fear forever.

      Delete