Monday, December 30, 2013

Vault: Be Bold



I thought I'd come out of hiding a little bit early to post with the Graven Images Oracle App. This is a new app that I purchased recently, and I do enjoy it. I've used this oracle on-line before, and it's nice to have the app to use--very convenient!  

Anyway, here is a repeat card that I received today. This is maybe the third time in the past few days that I have received this card. I love the message of the card, which is that while things may be relatively calm and undisturbed inside a vault, it isn't very exciting. Hehee. Yep. I feel like that sometimes. I avoid taking risks or doing anything too stimulating because I don't really like the added stress--but with risk and stimulation comes satisfaction and fulfillment.

I feel that my task is to come out of my little vault in 2014 and take more risks. I've been playing it quite safe the past several years. And numerologically (if you believe in that, which I'm not sure I do, but I like to look into it, anyway!), I am about to enter a number 1 year cycle, which means doing new things, trying new ventures, and taking risks. As this 9 year cycle full of endings and culmination draws to a close, I checked back and saw when my last 9 year cycle began, and it was the year I decided to try to get pregnant, effectively ending my childless life, in 2004. The following March, early on in the 1 cycle, I got pregnant with my daughter. Back then I didn't know what cycle I was in or anything of the sort. Anyway.

Since my husband has been 'fixed', I don't think that I will find myself pregnant in 2014, but I may have to give birth to something fresh, new and bright. I hope that I will find myself enjoying the daring initiation of the new year, and new experiences in general. I want to be less lazy about taking chances, less fearful, more of the beginner's mind, the Fool in the Fool's Journey.

If you're able to get this app on your phone I highly recommend it. Or the deck itself, of course. Some of the cards are a little dark or dramatic, but overall they are well-written and not too extreme in their advice.

Love and a Beautiful Ending to 2013,
MM

4 comments:

  1. This card looks totally different from the deck I bought and was happy to get rid of. Wonder if the poor photography has been tweaked by this time?

    All the very best of everything in the new year ~ long may you blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh, Sharyn...I love how you say it how it is. Yes, this deck is a bit dreary. Yep. I said it! But after looking it over a second time on this app I actually enjoy it for the most part. I think a deck based on grave images has to be a bit dreary...

      Lots of love! Goodness for 2014 to you. :)

      Delete
  2. I used to eat my lunch in a cemetery every week day, I don't find them spooky or dreary at all.
    My beef with the deck was the photography and settings were amature at best and totally crappy at worst.
    Plus it was one of the weirdest packagings in history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharyn, you're one in a million! I would eat lunch with you in a cemetery, but I admit doing it alone does creep me out a bit. Honestly, people who are alive are far more annoying than dead people, so your stance makes sense. ;) Ahh, I haven't seen the real live deck. I can see how that would be unsavory. I hope you are having a swell first day of 2014!!

      XOX,
      MM

      Delete