Monday, January 13, 2014

Card of the Week: Ace of Swords


I decided that, just for the next week or two, I'm going to only post once or twice a week. I've been getting a lot out of my readings, but more so if I don't read too often. I think a once-a-week main reading and maybe one more Wordless Wednesday or other type of posts might be good for the remainder of this month. But I will go back to frequent posting, I'm sure. :)

I've had an influx of creative and work activity the past few days. I've been making things and pondering options. I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet, but at the same time, I'm also just doing things anyway. I've definitely moved away from dithering, at least. I made some Valentine-y and also spring-y soaps for my mom's consignment space, I've given a couple of readings, I sent off a package of soaps and bath salts to a friend who purchased them, and I'm now thinking of doing some website editing for a blogger friend, though I have to work out some details with that, so may not start until mid-late week.

I am realizing that life is to be lived moment-to-moment. I've spent too much time agonizing over things that shouldn't be agonized over. Success may be more triumphant when it means flow and forward momentum without so much fear. For me, this card as my weekly card means the traditional things that the ace of swords means, such as clarity and mental acuity, and also decisiveness. Decisions have power. I remarked to my husband last night how I feel I've consciously and unconsciously avoided and delayed (or reversed) decisions so many times, just to avoid the feeling of fear that comes with making decisions. Simply to avoid pain or avoid the risk of action. The trouble with this stance is that when you avoid action at all costs, you are actually spending a lot of energy doing so--thereby wasting a lot of precious good mojo that could be used elsewhere.

Wishing you all well,
MM

4 comments:

  1. I often say: Not choosing is also choice..
    I wish you clear thoughts and good choices for the coming week and a lot of energy for all you creative projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is true, Ellen...but only if you want to not choose. If you're not choosing just so you don't have to, that's a different story! :)

      Lotsa hugs and thank you,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's such a decisive and strong post from you Mentha! It's like a whole new world and it is great to read of your determination and energy. I decided last year to stop worrying about how often I post, simply because time was scarce, so I just do what I can when I can. Took a whole slice of expectation off my shoulder!! :) Wishing you a fab 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! I was just about to go comment on your Death year post! Thanks--I am pleased that I came off as decisive and determined. Haha! That is funny. I guess there is a noticeable change in how I feel about doing things. I am still confused to some extent, but I'm making peace with that and trying to do things anyway. I agree that we should post whenever we want...there's no quota we have to meet.

      XOX

      Delete