Friday, January 3, 2014

Lake: Stillness

*UPDATE* Things went relatively well at the dentist office...whew! 

This is a particularly calm and contemplative card for this Friday. Using my Earth Magic Oracle Cards app, I pulled a single card for today. I guess this is good advice. I feel a bit tense today because I have to take my daughter to the dentist to get a cavity filled, which may be a bit deep.

Ugh. I have been working on improving her diet and dental hygiene, but this one needs to be filled and I am not looking forward to it. They will play a movie for her and she may have to get a stainless steel crown (ugh), which is rather visible, but it is only a baby tooth, and I am working on really cutting out carbs and sugars, adding more nutrient-rich foods, and making sure she brushes and flosses regularly.

I also plan to add more bone broths in 2014 for their benefit to dental and bone health. In any event, no one loves going to the dentist. I wish I could afford a biological dentist, but alas I can only afford mainstream. But I will do my best to get her to take good care of her teeth and her general health, as dental health often reflects the overall health of the person, from my own, fairly considerable research on the topic.

I'll admit it right now: I kinda hate doctors of all kinds in general. Partially because I don't always agree with their stance on many things, but also for the feeling of powerlessness they seem to have over me, of being an 'authority', even though I realize the brunt of every decision still always lies with me, the parent. I know many, many parents other than me feel the same way about healthcare stuff, no matter what they're encountering.

Lots of Love and Peace,
MM

6 comments:

  1. I hate going to the dentist. My youngest daughter used to get tranquilizers before her appointment other wise she would have panic attacks. I wish you all the best and keep that lake in mind when things get difficult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I would also get panic attacks. I try to avoid drugs with my daughter because of ( insert long health story) but there are measures I. Place. She can watch a video of her choice and have noise-canceling headphones on. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I remember as a child my mother teaching me some basic breathing and meditation techniques to help me deal with things like dental appointments and injections. It really helped, finding that bit of inner stillness…
    Good luck with finding your own stillness, too, and know that you are doing your very best!
    Hugs,
    Kxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! Fir us, technological distractions seem to work the best. Thankfully they have kud's movies there! Much love! P.s. Will still teach her meditation sometime...

      Delete