Monday, January 13, 2014

Leibster Award

A hearty thanks to the lovely Mary Anne, of Life's Journey: There to Here Blog, a collection of her blogged adventures from her life. You won't believe some of the things you'll read about her! Wonderful stories--you should go look! Anyway. Thank you for the award! I don't know much about it, but I guess it's for people with less than 200 followers so we can spread awareness of our blogs. I'm a bit of a hermit about my blog, still, but that's OK!
It is too hard to choose from the wonderful blogs out there, but I will just choose these:

  • Saturness: A fellow tarot and Sag blogger from Brazil with a poetic heart and fiery spirit. I don't know how many followers she has, but you should go read her blog!
  • Ellen of Greylady's Hearth: A swell tarot blogger from New Zealand with loving and worthwhile observations--she always leaves thoughtful and supportive commentary on blogs.
  • Photon Stimulus- Judith is another fabulously smart, creative tarot blogger whose blog is excellent and I need to remember to comment more often!
There are a billion more amazing bloggers out there, and I am lucky to call several of these my friends. I wish I had the energy to read hundreds of blogs and blog posts, but instead I feverishly try to read them here and there, sadly neglecting many of them. But I love them all!

The Liebster award is intended to give some exposure to small blogs with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules:
1.     Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2.     Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
3.     Nominate 3-11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4.     Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5.     Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.


Without further pause, here are the questions Mary Anne asked of me:

My Questions:
 1. Aside from blogging, do you journal with pen and paper?
Rarely! I have tried some, but I am so accustomed to typing that I find writing with a utensil to tire out my hands and make them cramp. I know. It doesn't make sense, especially when I am a visual artist and have used utensils, paintbrushes and all manner of things. 

 2. In what other ways do you express your creativity?
Well, that varies a bit, but overall I like to make things (DIY stuff: bath/body/home products), cook, take photos and edit them, do artsy stuff if I'm in that mode, sing, and do divination. 
 
 3. What one word best describes your personality?
Oh my goodness. That is a surprisingly hard question. I'm having a hard time with this. I used to be better at doing this sort of thing because I would try to come up with key words and phrases more. I guess right-brained or intuitive, since it encompasses the kinds of activities that I tend to like to do.
 
 4. Do you believe in your dreams? 
You mean, do I believe in my goals and visions for the future, or my literal dreams? Just kidding. I think! My first instinct is to say no, because I often doubt my own desires and goals, but I am working to change that.

 5.  How do you deal with self-perceived failure?
Not always very gracefully, admittedly. I get depressed, whine, pout, get anxious, lose sight of who I am, etc. You know the drill! But I am also resilient enough that I pull myself back up and try again. 
 
 6. What does success look like for you?
 I am not entirely sure. This would be a good question to ask myself in my 2014 goals workbook that I made. I think there are a lot of things I could list: financial freedom, vibrant health, loving family connections, and creative outlets that I enjoy. Overall I have most of these things, though the financial part I need to work on. I think in all of the various areas of my life the element of allowing and general receptivity would make things flow better overall.

7. What is your favorite place for creative thinking?
I haven't really designated a place. I think wherever I am that my daughter isn't interrupting me every 2 minutes. When I'm alone, or in my car in silence, or maybe when in the bath. Otherwise there's too much noise and chaos.

 8. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
For some reason I can only think of Anne of Green Gables. She was so memorable. She was smart, plucky, emotional and kind of a mess. I think she was fun to watch and read about, because a lot of us can identify with her vulnerability and quirkiness.

 9. Who has inspired you the most in your life and why?
I find that hard to answer, too. Anyone who tries to be loving and kind and tolerant of others, anyone who expresses themselves honestly. Anyone who manages to live life without killing anyone else. OK, you get the drift. I always admired my mother and grandmother (and several aunts) for managing such large families of children. Both were stay-at-home moms to 5-6 kids. I know, even with one child, that being a full-time SAHM is very, very exhausting. Overall there are very few people out there who I don't admire at least a few qualities.

 10. What is your favorite food to serve guest in your home?
Hm. That is interesting. I guess I like fun foods--something festive. But I don't have a signature recipe--except my strange cakes, which are often lower-sugar, higher protein, gluten and dairy-free, and unusual flavors. I get compliments on them, and so that's always nice.

 11. If you won a big lotto, what is the first thing you would do for yourself? 
Besides the obvious paying off all debt thing (no mortgage, no credit card bill, etc and so forth), I would say to get myself a really nice expensive, gigantic set of organic essential oils to make my both and body products with. Then I'd make tons of extravagant and wonderful things for my friends and family. Also, I would get lots of body work, energy work, and maybe TCM/acupuncture done, since I can't afford to do that right now.


Thank you again, Mary Anne! And I am going to recycle the questions given to me, since I think they are good ones! I hope you all have an excellent day.

Gracias,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment