Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Word for 2014: Harmony


I was really inspired by this card that I got recently from my Earth Magic Oracle App. I have received it a couple of times and the description really hit home with me. It's kind of like going with the flow, with a twist. It's being in harmony with what is. Balancing the right elements, rising above turmoil, having a calm center. It embodies a lot of things that are of interest to me. I started to use some concepts from this description and it helped me out even in a very short period of time.

Originally, I was going to have a more 'active' or 'proactive' word, but what I realized is that, as a person who has a tendency toward anxiety and obsessiveness, I think being in harmony and flow is far more important than having the intense focus or even resistance that often accompanies trying to scale some kind of mountain of goals for the year. I think this feels right. It is sort of like allowing, but not quite. I suppose you can imbue a word with multiple concepts. I guess I see this as being balance, peace, flow...resulting in more natural, intuitive decisions and actions. Not ones based on frantic grasping.

Love,
MM

5 comments:

  1. I like this word a lot. Especially the way you want to incorporate it in your life. It is a healing principle; seeking harmony and balance. How lovely you have this card to remind you of you word
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! I was definitely hoping to do something that was more meaningful rather than just ambitious. Lotsa hugs to you.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful summery and interpretation! You've captured one of my intentions for this year. "… more natural, intuitive decisions and actions". For me, choosing to sit quietly next to the wall and getting in touch with the wall vs pressing against it will be far more productive in the long run, and I am sure I will experience more harmony too, in going with the flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Mary Anne! I would love to hear more about your intentions next time we meet--maybe in a week or so after the crud (and weird weather) blows over. I love that you can relate to this. Much love! XOX

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely sense of direction to have found: towards being in harmony with your self and the world :)

    ReplyDelete