Friday, January 24, 2014

Paying Attention to Body Signals


I decided to pull from the Goddess Guidance App on my phone because I like how it tends to be surprisingly practical and straightforward, something I've been valuing more than usual with my divination stuff. This is a card that I tend to get when I feel worn down, crappy, or otherwise not in tune with my body. It can mean your period or other hormonal things, but generally it seems more about energy levels and general well-being. I definitely have been tired lately. I feel like I need to take better care of myself overall (which is generally true for most people, I think!) and I would really like to have more energy.

Although I am working on tweaking my diet, I still need to add in exercise, and I need to manage my borderline thyroid issues by finding the right diet and supplements to support it. I need to start taking my herbal thyroid blend and my other thyroid boosting supplement. Thankfully they are not very expensive and I already have them. I stopped taking them for a while and boy, I can tell the difference! I didn't realize how much it was helping.

I also think this is a clarion call for better self-care overall. If we feel stressed, depressed or burnt out (which I often do) it's generally because we are not heeding our body's signals or really doing things that would make us feel happier, healthier and more joyful overall. My husband was home today for half the day (though it means he'll be at work later. He'll be home around 7pm), and I found myself feeling rather tired and cranky. I wasn't too rude or anything, just not very relaxed or happy. I found myself apologizing to my husband for my mood. He said that it was perfectly alright, but I don't like feeling moody and drained. Usually it doesn't take too much to pinpoint main sources of stress contributing to the problem.

Oh, and here were the rest of the bullet points for the meanings:




Have an excellent weekend, all, and I will see you next week!

Sending you all emotional support and rest,
MM

8 comments:

  1. How often we "forget" to take care of ourselves because there are so many "more pressing" things to attend to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A doorway of opportunity sounds interesting! Was it your blog where I recently saw the quote about taking one step toward your goal and the universe takes a thousand steps towards you or something like that? Anyway, that's what I'm thinking. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! I have still been doing a lot if brainstorming. Hopefully my brain doesn't explode! Xxoo

      Delete
  3. I find exercise so helpful in keeping up my energy levels. It seems counterintuitive - you burn all those calories - and yet I do feel energised after it :) Anyhow, if you've noticed the thyroid herbal supplements helping, I hope you'll go back to them. Anything you can do to nurture and support yourself is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make sense. I definitely aim to increase my activity level this year! I have always had huge blocks to exercise, even as a kid. Chalk it up to numerous negative experiences and a bad body image. I don't doubt the benefits!

      Delete
    2. It's a shame, the negative stuff we pick up on as kids to do with exercise. Even though I always liked sport, I was not a popular kid, and often picked last for teams. Still, these days there is so much you can do either at home or in a more nurturing environment, like the lovely class Siddaleah has found. Will keep my fingers crossed that you find something you enjoy. Walking is great, but it doesn't sound like you've got the weather for it right now!

      Delete
    3. Very true--I guess it's a matter of just continuing to look for things that are nurturing and not traumatic. :D

      Delete