Thursday, February 20, 2014

Strategy: Make a Plan, Stan!


Haha. I feel like I've posted this before but when I checked it seems I didn't. I guess I thought that because I have received this card at least a few times before this! I hope you all will forgive me; I'm a bit addicted to this deck. I have been using it, as I mentioned on the blog earlier, almost exclusively the past couple of weeks since I purchased the app for my phone. I don't know what it is about this deck, but it's very interesting and quite helpful.

Once again this card has my number! I have fledgling ideas, but not a solid plan to carry forward, as this card suggests. I really need to get on that. I feel that I have a tendency to hesitate just when I should be pushing forward. I like how straightforward and clear this message is. It's what I need to hear because I am still leaning heavily in the dithering direction, as much as I'd like to say I am doing otherwise. Dither not, Magic Mentha!

There are a few things that this card could apply to. The one I'm thinking of most is my plan to teach some workshops during the warmer months. In order to do this, however, I have to actually reserve the time and space, and put out the information for others so they know when the class is. Oy! I think what I have is actually serious jitters about teaching again after an 8 year hiatus! I stopped teaching when I got pregnant, as I was already planning on stopping because I was having such a hard time getting sign-ups.

Alright. I guess I will use this next week to actually reserve space and plan out classes.

No excuses.

Lots of Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. "No excuses"

    *waggles finger* Absolutely Missy! hehe.

    You will feel amazing when you have booked that space.

    But ... probably a bit after, doubt and worry will set in. That is simply your ego telling you that you won't be good enough, haven't got enough time, won't have enough takers etc. It will tell you to cancel it. Don't! You can do this and it will be very good for you. You are a great creative person and communicator. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Thanks for keeping me honest, sir! I will try to bite the bullet and just go for it. We will see. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Do it! It sounds exciting! Maybe you could reframe those jitters and tell yourself they are joyful anticipation instead of nervous jitters. On a physical level there is really no difference. "I'm so excited," feels a lot like, "I'm so nervous", so maybe you could change the thought behind the physical feeling of jitters and use that energy to move forward.

    Princelenormand is a wise man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Siddaleah.

      And I agree with you. It is healthy to have the right kind of jitters. It's what propels us to do things.

      I believe that the good feelings in life can often be found in the 'crappy' stuff. That is why confronting fears and doing things we don't feel like at the time have the greatest rewards. Something like this, which is scary, will project Miss MM to a whole new level. Not only will she have done something she really wants to accomplish, she will also have overcome the fear of stepping up and doing it. A very powerful thing, with great rewards for her confidence wrapped up in it. In my own experience, I have dithered about this and that, have put myself out there and then retreated back into myself - we all do it - but in reality, actions do speak louder than words. And I can't emphasise just how good it feels to stick with the plan and follow it through.

      Delete
    2. Hugs. Thanks to you both. I am going to be more proactive. That is my goal! Xxxxooo

      Delete