Monday, February 3, 2014

Tea Leaf Fortune Cards for February 2014


**UPDATE** Well, this may or may not be relevant to the reading, but not long after posting this (an hour or two later?) I went to volunteer at my daughter's school and my daughter's teacher told me that her grandmother had suddenly become ill and looked to only have maybe a week left to live. I felt so badly for her because she is very close to her grandmother. Today she will miss most of school because she is going to be with her family. Of course, the reading could be referring to something else, or could be more than one thing, or it could just be bogus in general, but I immediately thought of the cards I pulled just an hour or two before hearing this sad news.


Seeing Monica post her January Tea Leaf Fortune Cards made me want to do one for February. Hah! Now I kinda wish I had stayed in hiding. Just kidding. Kinda. In any event, like most things, it isn't all bad. But there are things that concern me about this pull.

The obvious concerning card is the Weeping Willow. Family sorrow. Oy! Who needs that? Well, I guess you could say forewarned is forearmed. Because the Weeping Willow card connects to the Older Woman card it makes me think of a reading I got last fall where the reader said she saw an older lady not doing very well health-wise. This made me snap to either my husband's grandmother or my own grandmothers. In any case, it's best not to worry about things like this. Nothing very good can come from being stressed or fixated on such possibilities. It's something we have to guard against when reading tarot or doing divination in general.

On the upper level we have 'Tiger' and 'Chair'. Somehow I saw them as being connected. Taking a risk, connecting with new people in a new situation. This reminded me of a woman I met yesterday when I was out and about. I was eating at a Vietnamese restaurant and I struck up a conversation with her. Turns out we know some people mutually, and she is a yoga instructor. I've been considering taking some yoga, inspired partially by Siddaleah's experience, and since I did it years ago and then dropped the practice. I'm not saying I'm eager to do it. Far from it, that's why it would be more of a risk than a joyous adventure if you catch my drift. :)

Well. I am probably missing something but that's good enough for now. I'm relaxing a bit before going to do my Monday art class volunteering. I am glad to be able to help, even though it is a bit tiring. Well, back to my hiatus. For now, anyway!

Much Love,
MM

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you do decide to take some yoga classes. I totally understand about not being eager to do it. I wasn't either, not at all, but I was surprised at how peaceful and wonderful I felt once I got to the class, and I was surprised at what a positive effect it had on my self esteem just taking that risk and going and getting into my body like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siddaleah! We'll see. I may opt for private instruction instead as that's more my preference, but maybe at least I'll take some sort of risk. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I highly recommend a yoga practice, especially a restorative one, and one where you are not "forced" or "adjusted" into position. I like your update by the way, sometimes the cards are not directly related to us, though nonetheless we feel the pain of others. I hope February brightens up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearie! I am curious to see your February Tea Leaf Fortune cards.

      Yeah, I feel sad for her...she has had a rough time recently. My saufhter's teacher, that is.

      Wishing you a swell week,
      MM

      Delete
  3. just read your update...wow....yeah, that sure does fit, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely did! Though I am always open to the possibility that it is something else. Unfortunately for my daughter's lovely teacher, the situation is ongoing. I hope it isn't too traumatic for her. I know it can't be easy! Big hugs to you...xoxox

      Delete
  4. Oh, I hope you do decide to try yoga again, in whatever way best suits you. It's been such a boon to me, and to many others. Remember, it's about feeling something, about getting something out of the poses, not about "doing the poses right".
    Hugs,
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! We shall see. For me it's a multitude of things. I have such a block! I get very stuck sometimes. So maybe I'll get there this year. Hugs to you!

      Delete