Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Shine: Choosing Happiness


I've been doing a thing called 100 Days of Happiness, where you post something every day that makes you happy for 100 days. This is nice because it reminds you to change your focus, not unlike yesterday's post with the 5 of Cups, which asks us not to dwell on disappointment.

I love the display of color on this card. And the arms outstretched, showing openness. Being happy is a kind of joyful vulnerability. In staying closed down and pessimistic, you try to erect walls to protect yourself, but in truth it does nothing. Nothing good, anyway! The thing that happens is you stop seeing good things. You expect bad things, and when bad things happen, you nod your head sagely and say, 'See! I told you everything sucked.' It's just a perspective, a focus.

That's about all I have to say for now. I just wanted to share this image and quote with y'all.

Love,
MM

7 comments:

  1. This deck is on my birthday wishlist now !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I am glad! It is a great one. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been really enjoying your #100daysofhappy posts on Facebook :D And that is a beautiful image: glowy and floaty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearie! Glad you're enjoying that. :) It is a good exercise for us pessimists. Hehe. Just kidding. I'm not a true pessimist. I don't think. Hahahaa.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps just a nervous optimist :)

      Delete
    3. I'll take it! Huge grats on your sweet baby. XOXOX

      Delete