Monday, March 3, 2014

Six of Wands: Stop Chasing Recognition, Start Savoring Now


Here is a card I received recently. I'm not entirely sure what it refers to, except I've had a couple minor things in motion (mostly stuff I've already done or have been going on for some time), but this card is usually more triumphant. I don't know. Maybe I am wrong. Does anyone else notice this about this card? It's more of a public recognition of some sort. It's slightly less subtle than some of the other 'good news' cards. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. Hehe.

I think one thing I've been successful at, if you can call it that, is being less success-oriented. I'm trying to make it more my motto to enjoy the journey and not just grasp onto the future. I read Siddaleah's blog post, and her point about making yourself happy HERE and NOW is a hugely important one.  I told my husband recently that I was tired of always looking for the NEXT BIG THING. Then I commented on how I found that practice quite pointless and tiring. And invalidating. I think artists are especially prone to this trap because we rarely get much financial recognition for what we do.

Sharyn remarked to me that building on who we are and have already been is very valuable. Trying to find that perfect fix in terms of a creative venture or outlet is not really going to happen. You may have some really good runs (not diarrhea, but creative stints), but you aren't going to find THE THING. Life is just a series of 'THINGS' and if we can't enjoy what is happening now, then what makes us think we'll enjoy what happens when the next 'THING' comes up?  Anyway. So my motto is to be in the flow. My word of harmony for the year is still applicable. I am trying to find that harmony and balance within myself, in each and every moment.

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. There is only now. I've just been out on my bike. I've noticed blossoms and bulb flowers, the sun was shining. the wind was rather fierce and I felt so happy. I was singing all the time. Just twenty minutes in the here and now. This is how great life can be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the very cool example of this in action, Ellen! That sounds swell. :) I hope you have a beautiful week. xoxoxox

      Delete
  2. Yes! We only have "the thing" that's happening right now, don't we? It's a shame to miss all of our things because we're so busy worrying about things past and things we wish for in the future. Simple, and yet, it seems I need to be reminded of this constantly, so thanks for the reminder today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right...I had to remind myself of this a LOT this morning as I found myself obsessing over future thing, and dwelling on past things. Ugh. :D You're welcome. I have to keep reminding myself. Right now I need to pee...hehe.

      Delete