Sunday, March 2, 2014

Vacation Planning for March


It has become something of a tradition to take mini trips during my birthday month. We can't really go very far right now, distance-wise, but we try to take little day trips that cost less money and are more convenient. So, I wasn't too surprised to see this card yesterday evening, since we had just booked a hotel for two days a couple hours prior.

Later this month, I'm visiting three of my friends in one city who live a couple of hours away. Rather than drive four hours in one day, or even stay one night, we're taking a family trip and staying two nights at a hotel with a nice pool where my husband and daughter can swim. My daughter is especially thrilled about it, and my husband seems to enjoy it, too. I get to visit with my friends while they hang out, swim and figure out other local activities that are kid-friendly.

I also plan to visit with my siblings, hopefully, as a couple of them have spring break from school; one of them is a professor and has most of the month off in March for the spring break, and another is going to school nearby and has a week off--though I actually think it's not until a week or so after my daughter's spring break. Anyyyyway. We plan to visit with my older sis and her baby and husband one of those days, and I might also visit a friend in Wyoming, too. So there are several ideas for little day and stay-cations floating around. In the midst of that, I tend to have a traditional shared birthday party with my dad.

The image on this card always amuses me. This fairy looks snobby/pissed/bored with her parrot companion. Don't let that happen to you! ;)

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely. We just booked three nights away in May as we are at a wedding and will take advantage of the bank holiday. We're getting a little appartment next to the beach. It makes a change for me to spend money and time on something I am actually looking forward to, hehe.

    I'm sure you will have a lovely relaxing time. These breaks in routine can be very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello PLN, my good man! That sounds great. I agree. It isn't always fun and roses--sometimes trips are a bit stressful, but overall these trips (the short ones) tend to go well. It used to be pretty much impossible to travel with Pele. Thankfully that has changed somewhat. It's only somewhat painful now. :D

    Hope you have a great time at the beach! I'm glad I get to see friends. I hope you had a good weekend and are gearing up for a great week!

    XOXO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me that I am way overdue for a trip myself! I usually try to get away for a weekend or so all by myself to visit a friend or just stay in a cabin and have a little retreat. It's been a couple of years since I did that. Anyway, your trips sound nice. I hope you have a rejuvenating time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Siddaleah! I didn't do this until a few years ago. I never made the time to do it until I started getting burnt out from parenting stuff. I realized I should plan these days. This month I am doing this a couple of times, maybe because it's my birthday month. I hope you figure out something great. ;D

      Delete