Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Coming Apart: My Focus After the Workshops


For some reason, this is one of my favorite cards in this deck. You would think that a card about things coming apart, commitments being broken and other things would not be a favorite card for anyone, but for some reason it is. I guess I figure that if something isn't a good idea then it's a good thing that it's coming apart. I guess there's something freeing in breaking away from unhealthy situations, or trying something new.

This card pull is about what to focus on when the workshops end (I'm doing a series of four workshops at a local coffee shop, and they all have a relaxation theme). The last one is in mid-late July, and I am wondering how/where I should focus, or what I should embody at the end of those workshops.

My impression of this card is that I should break away from the concept of the workshops and look into something else for the latter half of the year. I had already specifically decided not to teach classes in the fall and winter because I don't want to deal with Colorado's inclement weather and possible cancellations, much less all the chaos, school starting, holidays and the like that happen at the end of the year. I thought the spring and summer was a better time for classes, as people have an easier time weather-wise and schedule-wise.

The problem (if it even is a problem) lies in deciding what to do with the latter half of 2014. I would like to be a bit more focused than usual, in a productive but pleasant way. I think I will ruminate on the best use of my time for the remainder of this year.

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Well, the cards certainly seem to agree that you should do something different after July. I guess you'll need another reading or two to narrow down what to do…
    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I think the idea of dealing with bad weather and trying to coordinate classes during the holidays did not appeal to me! I am a bit of an empty slate (not quite) and trying to see what appeals to me. Much love to you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Magic Mentha! I like your reflection about this card and I agree with you. Sometimes is healthy coming apart.
    Take your time...a new idea will come :) Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well howdy, Las Magas! Thank you very much. I do think so, too! And thanks for the gentle encouragement. I will try to ease up and not worry about taking my time in coming up with a plan. XOX

      Delete