Friday, May 9, 2014

Field of Dreams and Planting Seeds

This isn't my best editing job (I cut off part of a letter on the bottom), but whatever, dudes.

For today's blog post I pulled this card which is about sewing seeds, putting powerful intention behind whatever it is you do. I think this is a good reminder for me, as someone who often cancels out her own ventures and ideas. It also reminds me of a cool broadcast I heard by Michael Neill recently, in which he talks about how you don't really know what will work and what won't work in terms of seedlings of ideas planted in your life. Some will thrive quickly, some will die immediately, others will take years, even decades to germinate. We don't know what we're setting in motion at the time. And things we cling to fervently as 'having to work' or 'else' will often fail.

There's a kind of marvelous randomness to this idea. But I feel like it's a great lesson for us all. We may as well just do stuff we enjoy and see what happens, not put a mantle of grandiose expectations upon every little thing we do and feel downtrodden and miserable whenever certain results are not found. We just need to keep broadcasting seeds and watering them, enjoying the process as much as possible.

Much Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha great post for this season. This reminds me of our own gardening adventure. We've planted so many seeds for sunflowers and pumpkins. Far to many for our little garden but hopefully some of the seedlings will be strong enough to thrive. Yay for the rain!
    Yes this is a wonderful way to look at our own endavors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! Indeed! My parent's garden has grown some weird stuff that they didn't expect. Good metaphor, though not really original, I guess. Hehee. Good luck with your garden!

      Delete
  2. Yes me too! Got a massive carrot patch and a good stash of corn too ha ha. But we will be moving next month, so who knows how much of it we will actually get to enjoy! So yeah, sometimes plans seed and grow and we harvest, and other times, well, we tried :) Hope you have a beautiful week xx Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, I'm sorry about your lost carrots and corn!! But I am excited for you that you'll be moving on to new pastures. I hope your new adventures are nourishing and wonderful...just like you! I love your blog posts and I have to go comment soon.

      XOXOX,
      MM

      Delete