Monday, May 12, 2014

Rock Bottom and Repeating Tens


I have been playing around on my decks, both on my phone and the physical decks as well, and I've noticed a recent pattern in the past few days of receiving lots of 10 number cards, which included but was not limited to:


  • The 10 of Wands multiple times
  • The 10 of Swords multiple times
  • The Wheel of Fortune (10 major arcana)
  • The 10 of Cups a couple of times
  • The 10 of Pentacles once
  • The Rock Bottom card in the Enchanted Map Oracle, which is card 10

I think I got some other cards that had similar meanings as well, but anyway. I definitely noticed a theme! Tens are the last card in the pips, as y'all know, meaning that something is coming to an end. And the meaning of Rock Bottom is, appropriately, about things being at a dead end and the need to let go. The Wheel of Fortune is about a new cycle. I've also been really interested in the topic of letting go recently.

Another card I got at the same time as this one was Dry Desert, reversed, which is basically about beating a dead horse. It was saying that nothing I could do would alter the fact that a certain situation was just...dunzo. Dried up like a mummy.

I've been thinking I want to make a new start. I have nothing planned after the workshops, as I mentioned in this post.  In order to make a new start you have to let go of metaphorical mummies.

Love,
MM

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least from rock bottom the only way is up :) Good luck letting go of the old so you can dream those new, big dreams!
    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is right. I guess that's the message behind some of the 10 cards. Especially the 10 of Swords and Wands. :D I really should spend a little time figuring out what I want to go of vs. what I want to embrace. Maybe I should spend the next hour doing that!
      xxoxx

      Delete