Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Cobweb: Getting Out of Jury Duty


This is the single card I pulled yesterday when I was reading about whether I would get jury duty today or not. About a month or so ago I received a jury summons. Having a weak bladder (I need to pee every 30 minutes to an hour) and slight claustrophobia, I didn't particularly want to be stuck in a court room for a day or three. I watched as every case around me was dismissed (I was monitoring them online). I was frustrated because my husband took Tuesday and Wednesday off this week to spend with me before our daughter is out of school and it's harder to have open-ended time together. Not to mention, my husband has a very limited number of days off for the remainder of this year. I wanted to make the most of them!

I received this card as one of the pulls representing whether I would get jury duty. Most of the readings I got were fairly positive, although they were a bit mixed. I arrived at court and spent 2.5 hours there during the jury selection process, and also a lot of sitting and waiting. When I was not selected as one of the jurors from the larger group of about 28, I was dismissed. Woohoo! I felt like I got a get out of jail free card. I met up with my husband and we got to spend the day together. We also get to spend tomorrow together, and I am so grateful.

This card is about being protected from something that is out of your control that you perceive as negative. I would say this qualifies, though on a lesser level than something more tragic, obviously. It is a mundane but good example for me.

Sending you all goodness for your day,
MM

10 comments:

  1. Serving on jury at a trial is something everyone should have a chance to do...it ain't like tv at all :)
    Fascinating process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps! Even so, I am glad I got out of it and got some rare time with the hubby. I am pretty sure I will get called again sometime! :)

      Delete
    2. The main issue is my bladder--needing to pee constantly. Not conducive to sitting in court for hours and hours!

      Delete
  2. Catching up and checking in! Glad you got out of jury duty. I got called a few months ago and managed to get out of it by saying I had no childcare available. Not exactly true, as I could have left my 10 year old home with her siblings or taken her to her grandma's, but ugh, it was a hassle I wasn't prepared to deal with at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Siddaleah! I have been wondering about you. Sorry about the boat load of stress you've been having. I sincerely hope things are letting up! Lotsa love to you. XOX

      Delete
    2. letting up? Yes and no. We've gotten through the memorials and now the weddings are coming. lol. Also, I'm suffering a bit of PTSD. Besides the friends I mentioned on my blog, there have been several other friends and acquaintances that have suffered serious losses and health issues (quadruple bypasses, strokes, blood clots, brain surgeries, the list goes on.) Just this week there was a fatal car accident and a fatal logging accident among people I know. I'm finding myself feeling sad for them, a bit guilty that all is well with me, and very fragile. My thinking has become very negative at times, something I am fighting. I haven't wanted to write about it because I feel wrong somehow writing about tragedies that are not mine to write about. Does that make sense? I don't want to steal sympathy from people who really need it right now, and I know that's silly. Bottom line is, I'm fine. My family is fine. I'm just finding myself thinking A LOT about life, it's purpose, and how it ends all too soon. Thanks for giving me an ear and a shoulder at this moment. :-) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I like the pretty background and frame you chose. Nice to see a card that highlights the positive side of spiders, too, they get such a bad rep. How wonderful that you got to spend time with the hubster - so important to keeping a loving relationship going!
    Hugs, Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Chloƫ! Thank you! I had fun playing around with the image. Yes, that's true! Spiders get a bad rap a lot of the time. :D I got to spend two days with him, and that is great. I wish I could have 200 more in a row, but I shouldn't be greedy! Or should I? Haha. Oh well. :D

      XOX
      MM

      Delete
    2. Well, I think it's great that you want to spend more time with him - still in love after all this time, hard times together balanced by good. Whether you can have those 200 days is a different matter, but wanting them is beautiful :)

      Delete
    3. Very true! I am immensely grateful that we love each other enough to want to spend that much time together!
      Xxooo

      Delete