Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Holy Moses, Batman! Take Charge!


Here is a card I've received multiple times over the past few days. I've been in this sort of 'blah' limbo space in my Emptying the Bowl™ process. While I have gotten a great deal of value out of the process, in other ways, it has actually brought into sharper focus my tendency to be too passive when it comes to shaping my life and goals.

Now, when I talk about goal-setting I don't mean that I need to go out and be Oprah Winfrey. But maybe I do, in some respects, need to become a Mini Oprah™, and set some goals and plans in motion that I actually feel good about, instead of floating along in a mind-numbing haze of defeat. Do you know what I mean? That is part of what I've noticed in this Emptying the Bowl™ process. Please note: the trademark is a joke! What I've seen is that I am far too easily defeated by circumstances, my own train of dismissive and negative thought. I bet many of you can relate to this.

I love what the card says (above) about being your own authority figure. Many of us grow up feeling that we don't have the authority, the confidence, or anything to be a force in our own lives. There's a feeling of powerlessness that I see in my own life and the lives of others. But that's just a thought, as Michael Neill would say.

My wonderful, amazing friend was giving me a fantastic reading, and in it there were a couple of queens, and a few other cards indicating the power of personal authority and fresh ideas (Ace of Wands, 9 of Pentacles), and also a King, the pragmatic King of Pentacles. These are archetypes I tend to reject in myself, seeing instead that I am the person staring at the empty cups in the 5 of Cups.  Here is an excerpt from the reading:
"When you embrace your soul and your physical expression with total love and acceptance you will get out of your meh. 
There is no King that will save the queen but for your own. There is also the element of harnessing all that wonderful creative energy. 
I really appreciate her perspective on my particular brand of self-sabotage:

"You have so much within and as you begin to give it expression you run around trying to put out the fire you yourself ignited believing that you will be perceived in an unflattering way.
Or you discount your gifts as not being special.
These cards say a lot."

So, this Moses card reminds me of the message in her reading, about taking charge of my life and trusting my own input. It is me who will give me permission to do whatever I want to do, and so I have to ask myself permission, right now, for what I want!

Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hehee. Lots of love to you!! You rock. :D

      Delete
  2. Yep, can totally relate. I also become defeated quite easily at times. In fact, just thinking about being more ambitious right now makes me feel...well, just really tired. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's understandable, but at the same time...I guess we can't let that stop us all the time.
      XOXO

      Delete