Saturday, August 9, 2014

And Ending, a Break and a New Beginning


I pulled this trio this morning, because I wanted something specific and this deck is pretty good at being specific, especially if I bother to suss out the meaning. When I saw this trio the phrase, and title of this post, popped into my head:

"An ending, a break, and a new beginning."

As the summer draws to a close and school is about to start in less than three weeks, I am turning my attention to what I want to accomplish this fall. When I say 'accomplish' I say so with a grain of salt. I don't need big, mega-watt goals (unless that sounds wonderful) but I do feel something stirring inside of me (that phrase always cracks me up--what is stirring in there--alien life? Worms?) since I have been fairly dormant in terms of having any sort of commission or venture. I mean, not entirely dormant. Most of my energy this summer was spent with mothering, which makes sense, as my daughter is home from school. Just trying to keep things on a somewhat even keel and trying to entertain my daughter on a limited budget.

So, now that school is about to start, I am reviewing the past six plus months and figuring out where I'd like to go from here. I have been feeling a little stir-crazy creatively, as you might have noticed, so I think doing something is warranted, but I haven't decided what form it will take yet. I feel like I need to take more risks in several areas in order to see anything happen. I just have to decide which things take precedence, and not psyche myself out. As Chloƫ commented in my Ring and Roads post, I can commit to my choices!

I don't really need to explain this trio of cards, maybe, but I will just because. The Conclusion card is about something drawing to a close. My first guess was this recent phase, and the summer months in general. There may be other things coming to a close that I'm not even aware of yet. The middle card is Meditation, and I feel this shows stress management as well as a break. It reminds me a little bit of the 4 of Swords. A break in the action. As something ends there's often a void, when we have a pause before something new starts. In the final card we have Fledgling, which is the very first card in this deck, which reminds me just a bit of the Fool. 



Much Love,
MM

5 comments:

  1. well thought out reading, lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Sharyn! I really enjoy this deck, despite the fact that it's derived from a teeny bopper novel series which I've never heard of! XOXO

      Delete
  2. So agree with you about the need to draw breath before starting something new. And I like that the Fledgling card looks like a somewhat older P, or perhaps a younger, more carefree, you!
    Kxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting thought! The Fledgling could, in fact, be her. With puberty only a year or two around the corner I have been thinking of her more as a young lady. This pic reminds me of that. I do wish I felt more carefree and spunky. I need to embody this energy! Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete