Thursday, October 2, 2014

Autumn Leaves: Don't Fear Change


Even though I don't often use this deck, I'm glad I did today. The card I received is, 'Autumn Leaves' which is about timely change. The message is similar to the Death cards I've pulled recently. Flowery and overly metaphysical description aside, the message of timely letting go and transformation is a good one.

When I stopped to think about the meaning, I realized how very afraid I am of change.  Just last night I was telling my husband how attached I get to everything: people, places, things. I know this isn't an unusual sentiment, but I feel especially unnerved by the process of change, and I feel it triggers deep emotional reactions and anxieties.

So, my task right now is to stay on top of what needs to be done while prioritizing relaxation. I have not felt well with this week-long cold, so I've found it hard to relax, because being sick triggers my anxiety as well, but I am hopeful that I can embrace this change rather than cringe from it.

Happy Autumn, Folks!

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment