Monday, November 3, 2014

A Creative Project


I decided to get back to basics and pull a couple of cards from Ye Olde Rider Waite™. I've been seeing a theme lately of a creative/artistic spark. I don't know if it's a business idea, a commission or some other thing, but that's the sort of pulls I've been getting. I got Artistic Endeavor or something similar from several oracle decks in the past few days. I admit I have been pondering a project or two to sink my teeth into, though I don't know.

Frankly, although it makes sense (I'm an artist, I guess), I don't see it. Of course, you could see it as me starting a project for the house (painting some rooms, for example, which I have been planning to do), so it may not be a work project so much as something creative yet practical, which is how I'd describe the duo above: creative yet practical. I am painting the rooms to be prettier (aka, not dark, patchy gray), but it's a house and not a piece of artwork, per se.

Anyway! I don't know what else to say. It's a chilly, rainy day (drizzle and possible bits of snow, though thankfully I haven't seen any yet). I am doing indoor chores today. Well, following dropping off my daughter and then getting groceries I plan to do some laundry and maybe a little more unpacking. I also feel like recuperating from the upheaval of the past month or two.

Lots of Love,
MM

2 comments:

  1. Ye Old RW, indeed :D Just because the house isn't a canvas to sell in a shop, doesn't make it not art. Just think of that mural you did before! And even if it's just straight up colour, you're still making your house into more of a home. Hope it's going well.
    Hugs, Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I know I assign pretty rigid definitions to things. I would like to simplify things but also broaden my sensibility, be more open-minded. I know eventually I will feel more settled and will put personal touches on the house. Thanks very much for caring. :)

      Delete