Sunday, November 30, 2014

Crossroads and Paths


So I pulled this quad of cards this morning. I didn't interpret it, only in the sense that I saw there was a repeat card (Sleeper), and some interesting visual elements that could be interpreted in various ways.

Not having much background in some of these characters, I looked up Hecate. Here's a very brief description I found:

From the Greek 'Εκατη (Hekate), possibly derived from 'εκας (hekas) meaning "far off". In Greek mythology Hecate was a goddess associated with witchcraft, crossroads, tombs, demons and the underworld.

Hecate - Behind the Name

www.behindthename.com/name/hecate

Once I read this I saw that there were two cards of the four that talked about a crossroads or choice. I don't have much time left to blog and for some reason I'm having a lot of trouble finding any information on this Pitcher character. Anyone have any ideas of the mythology behind this figure? Please let me know if you do!

Much Love,
MM

2 comments: