Sunday, December 21, 2014

Anxiety, Reversed


I know I said I wouldn't post until January (and I may not post until then, or may rarely post until then), but I thought I'd post this card. The past couple of weeks I have felt rather crummy. As I mentioned in my previous post, I've had some sort of gastrointestinal and other issue (sinus? ear?) that is causing vertigo. However, since seeing an chiropractor/nutritionist/acupuncturist lady I've seen some improvement and we have a plan for improving not just this issue but my overall health.

Even though I'm not 100% better, I'm starting to see a positive turn and, because of that, my anxiety has reduced considerably. My blood pressure shot up during this past couple weeks of crappiness, and that began to concern me. But, as my anxiety has diminished, my blood pressure has returned to normal. Since then, just in the past day or two, I've felt motivated to be involved in my own life and my own well-being. I want to feel good, not just sort of ok.

In any case, I hope that my next blog post reveals that I feel a lot better. One positive thing about not feeling well the past couple of weeks is that I have been realizing how much I've neglected my physical and emotional health. I have not seen a health practitioner or anyone who might help me feel better. I've just been floating along, feeling mediocre, sometimes feeling really crappy. I think my body finally sent me a strong signal to pay more attention.

Wishing everyone a happy solstice, Hanukkah, yuletide, Christmas, and New Year.

Much Love,
MM

6 comments:

  1. And wishing you, Hubby and Pele a wonderful Christmas in your new home. See you in 2015!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Steve!! I hope you've been well. I've been so out-of-sorts lately. I really am sorry I haven't been in touch as much. Sending happy, festive wishes to you! XOXOX

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, don't worry about that :) We know where each other is :) Get some festive rest! I hope that the new year will help you feel renewed and ready for the next chapter! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I know...but I want to keep in better touch! :) I hope you're restive and festive yourself. I took almost a whole month to heal. Oye. I'm feeling a lot better today. Thankfully. I hope it lasts. Big hugs for your 2015!

      Delete
  3. Feeling ill really sucks, and the flus this year seem to have been extra harsh. Glad you're feeling better now, and hope that lets you release the anxiety. And as you say, good to actually take the time to see someone who can help - look after yourself, dearie!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really seems like it. Several people I talked to got really knocked out by it. I am glad I didn't travel while I was really in the thick of it, as we originally intended to do, because I can't imagine how awful that would've been to drive for 12-13 hours (24 hours total) and try to socialize while feeling like a sickly zombie. I could barely get out of bed for several days, and for a month I just felt off and woozy, among other things. I am slowly feeling better, but I am starting to get really fed up with feeling run down and blah. So, I'm hoping I can use this month to rejuvenate myself. I really think a big part of my problem is that being sick triggers my anxiety. I tend to be the most anxious when I don't feel well. It's in those times where I feel the least connected to my intuition and personal guidance.

      Thanks for understanding!

      Much Love,

      MM

      Delete