Sunday, January 11, 2015

An Embrace and Release Duo


I pulled a couple of cards for a quick spread. I think I actually did this backwards. Isn't it release and then embrace? I guess it doesn't matter. The order I pulled it in was embrace and then release. So I'll stick with my original idea.

I admit, color-wise, these are a bit more drab than some of the other cards in the deck, but that's ok. I don't mind that they're a bit more muted. It goes with today's dreary, gray weather and my somewhat correspondingly dreary mood.

Isn't it interesting, then, that I'm supposed to embrace the ennui in the 4 of Cups? Tap into, dive into my boredom and blahness, maybe finding the treasure buried there? I do think there's a certain amount of wisdom in this. As I was telling my daughter today, sometimes talking about our icky feelings is the best way forward. If we ignore them, that is a temporary fix, rooted in a desire not to confront those feelings or see what they represent.

As for what to release, the first thing that came to mind is to release the striving and the forcing. The Chariot is a very forward momentum, almost out-of-control action card. Sometimes it isn't the best idea just to jump ahead, though. I kind of get the feeling, when the Chariot comes up in a spread, that it's saying, 'Giddap, get on with it!' But as a recommendation of what to release...perhaps it's a letting go of this need to push ahead prematurely.

This goes along with another reading I did today, where I got 'Let Go' featuring Kwan Yin. It asked me to do just that--stop the striving, stop trying to force things to be a certain way. Soon enough, like everything, things will shift in the right time.

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment