Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Seer and Cloud: Intuitive Insight into Problems or Bad Weather

The Seer's face got washed out a bit in the light of the bathroom, but she's ok. :D

I love my copy of the Tattered Nomad Oracle, gifted to me by the amazing Shaheen Miro. I love the aesthetic of his work, and this deck is no exception! In my duo for today, I received one *bonus* card, which is one of the extra cards Shaheen has included in his version of the Lenormand. This card is the Seer. As a tarot reader, I like this as an extra. It's relevant!

So, what does this card mean? According to the booklet is is about prophecy, insight, creative ideas...basically the intuitive, right-brained side of things. It reminds me a lot of the High Priestess in the traditional tarot. I think she's holding a giant crystal ball but I'm not sure. Either way, she's one groovy lady.

Unfortunately she's paired with Clouds, which is one of the 'problem' cards in the Lenormand. Haha! I'm mostly joking. It's really OK. In fact, one of the meanings I'm tossing around for this duo is 'using intuitive insight to work through problems'...so that could be a good thing. Clouds is still, in my view, far better than, say, Cross or Coffin, but maybe I'm being a little bit wimpy about it.

Honestly, when doing readings for yourself or others, it's best not to over analyze them, for good or ill. It's better to take the information in lightly, almost on a subconscious level, and not try to force a fit or flee from cards that seem like they might indicate trouble.

Looking up the super brief meaning of the Clouds card on LearnLenormand.com, I see this:

Keywords: CONFUSION, uncertainty, complications, bad weather, an older man.

OK. Well, this card is fairly self-explanatory so that doesn't tell me much. However, do I agree with the bad weather interpretation. I think sometimes a literal meaning does come up. There is a cold front arriving, with possible snow for 2 days straight. Not my favorite thing, but there you go!

I'll just let this one simmer on the back burner...

Love,
MM

7 comments:

  1. I always wanted this deck but it's a bit hard to buy for me via the web. I like that Shaheen added what he wanted, without all the moaning and groaning about "correctness" that goes on. Some people are better at collage than others. I quite like Shaheen's approach to this.

    Oh, and most of the clouds are on the far side of the card, so away, blowing away, leaving a wisp of obscurity but no darkness. A wisp, like the faint scent of perfume from an atomizer. Perhaps the scent of the coming cold front, dispersing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith! How are you!?! I've been meaning to harass you. I've been sick a lot the past couple of months--I've been working with someone to feel better. I agree with what you said about the decks. We're supposed to add our unique touch when we create decks!

      Very interesting point--we're not sure what the storm will bring. It could bring up to a foot of snow, or it could be much ado about nothing. Not sure!

      Mega minty hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Hmm, for me this would be a time when our intuition doesn't help us see clearly - too much emotion involved, perhaps? To blow away the clouds, it can help to bring a breath of clean air into a situation. A bit of a Queen of Swords moment to counter the Queen of Cups-y-ness of the Seer, maybe... :D
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be! I felt like it might be literal because we have a slew of bad weather arriving. In fact, most of the days over the next week call for snow. So I saw it as predicting (Seer) snow (Clouds). Only two days don't have chance of snow! I think I like to pick meanings that occur to me immediately, as I see them as being intuitive. Usually what I first think of is the most relevant thing, but I like the idea of different angles to come at a reading. When I look at readings later they often make a lot of sense. But all readers read so differently that it's so arbitrary. It reminds me of something that Michael Neill said: the world is a projector and not a camera. xoxox

      Delete
    2. I know, I tend to read very psychologically. After all, the weather stations have already predicted snow, do you really need the cards to tell you that? Advice on how to deal with feelings of confusion (or whatever) can be useful, though. My reading yesterday reminded me to tell my honey I love him, after we'd had an argument :)

      Delete
    3. I like your take on the cards, even when I may see things differently. Actually, I find it helpful when the cards tell me things I already know. It's a confirmation, which I think is one of the best and most supportive aspects of reading! Overwhelmingly, I find that people I have read for value this confirmation of their current struggles as much as any advice I might give them. I feel that way too when I read for myself. I love the story about telling your hubby you love him. Hugs!

      Delete
    4. I know what you mean about confirmation, it's like someone saying "Yes, I can see that, you're right, that's how it is." Helps us feel understood, which helps us trust in our own understanding of life :)
      Cxxx

      Delete