Saturday, April 18, 2015

Algiz: Protection and Self Belief


I pulled this rune last night. I enjoy the runes but I don't find myself particularly drawn to them most of the time, so I decided to go ahead and post this one, since I so rarely do.

A quote from RuneSecrets.com about this rune:

"Courage in the face of fear is central, not the absence of fear, because fear may or may not be a warning to us that protection and defensiveness is necessary. Algiz supplies the insight necessary to make such judgments."

So, the simple message I'll take from this today is to put doubt on the back burner, suspend disbelief, and otherwise try to let go of the cloud of fear that always seems to follow me around like Pigpen, connected to any idea or endeavor I might concoct. Having fear, true fear, isn't a problem. But anxiety is just the jumpy machinations of the mind. It shouldn't stop me from living life.

Much Love,
MM

4 comments:

  1. Good message for all. I think that many erroneously think that to move through fear means to pretend there is nothing there, when what our movement forward means is to have the courage to face the fear head on ... that head to head meeting is what helps dissipate our fears and hopefully decrease the anxiety we feel when thinking about what fear holds for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Thank you for reading. It really is a potent reminder! Much love to you. Xo

      Delete
  2. Good luck putting the anxiety behind you. One day at a time, and accepting it may not always work. Still, every moment that you move forward for joy rather than for fear is a wonderful thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my wise friend! Very true. Xxoo

      Delete