Friday, April 17, 2015

Six of Swords: Improvement and Silving Linings


Here's a duo of cards I pulled for today. Well, when I say today, I recognize that pulls have a longer influence than just one day (usually!) but anyway. I was thinking about my health and my general well being and motivation, and pulling these cards made sense. The Six of Swords often shows an improvement after a rocky start, and the Krishna card is about seeing the good in a potentially annoying or bad situation. Certainly being dizzy for four months and having ongoing sinus and other infections counts as annoying.

Yesterday I had my appointment with the chiropractor/nutritionist lady. It was good. I told her I'd been noticing sounds of fluid and crackling in my ears. My husband did some research and saw that the crackling noise is good because it means air is actually starting to circulate in your ears and things may be breaking up in there...in a good way, that is.

Anyway, my chiro lady put me on an immune-boosting regime which I started yesterday, to help clear up the lingering issues. I won't go into boring detail, but that's the basic gist of it. I just have to get over the hump of whatever is triggering my ongoing sinus issues/allergies which were made worse by a nasty cold/flu in December and then just lingered for months and got into my ears. I like that, with this practitioner, she is uncovering the layers and investigating what is going on rather than just throwing drugs at me!

The Krishna card is a good reminder to see the positive side of illness. When you get sick it seems like a good call and cause to pay attention to what you're doing in your life to create such imbalance. What are you ignoring? How badly are you taking care of yourself? What are you not doing that you know you should be? Self care impacts more than just ourselves. It impacts our partners and children. So, I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this and take care of myself so that I can be healthy for myself and everyone else.

I admit it, when I woke up feeling really crappy I was starting to feel discouraged, but I realized that I could likely change how I was feeling with my actions (diet, stress management and other things), then I started to slowly work on what I could do in the moment to feel better. I started my period, my sinuses were hurting and I felt dizzy and I just generally felt bad, and yet somehow I also felt hopeful, because I knew that I was not going to accept feeling bad as my default.  I know that improvement is just around the corner. That's why these cards are a great focus for me today.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll be resting and doing some low key chores.

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment